Sunday, September 15, 2013

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me...

...fluttering from the autumn tree."
~ Emily Bronte

The leaves fall, the wind blows, and the farm country slowly changes from the summer cottons into its winter wools.
~Henry Beston


Autumn is settling in here in Western PA. The trees are still mostly green and every once in a while, the temps are warm...but more often than not, the air is quite chilly and you will find us in socks, warmer clothes, and blankets. Delightfully scented candles are often lit in the house and it gives me such joy to have the house bathed in fall scents.


The days have been terribly busy...thus why it's been a week since I last posted. I have been organizing and budgeting when time allows (between schooling, housework, appointments and other commitments).

We changed the living room around again. We moved the couch back in...fall/winter is the perfect time for snuggling up on the couch to read or watch movies together! Plus, having it out in the schoolroom took up a lot of space. I felt like I couldn't organize out there as well as I wanted to while moving around it! ;)


Chris and the children went to church without me this morning. I really dislike missing the worship and fellowship at our church, but ever since last night, my stomach has been acting a bit squirrel-y. I have not quite felt up to par....so I decided to spend today at home. Right now, the house is quiet, as just a bit ago, Chris and the children joined my in-loves to go see the elk. They *love* getting to do that...and although it would be neat...I can go another time. After the busy week I had, getting to just be *home* is quite nice. (We aren't even involved in extra-curricular sports or anything! I just don't know how some days can get so full!)


While home today, I have enjoyed listening to sermons online through youtube and sermonaudio.com. I have done some organizing, laundry, sweeping, scrubbing (just a little) and dishes...


...although everything has been able to be done at a nice pace. It's nice to have a slow-day but still get things accomplished.

I was so excited ~ when Chris came home from church today, he brought me a DVD on the life of Charles Spurgeon that I really wanted to see. Our church bought it and I am borrowing it! I have watched half of it and intend on watching the other half this evening.



So, as time ticks by (seemingly more quickly every year)...I think I am going to go and *finish* that DVD. :) My clock is ringing five times...telling me it's the 5 o'clock hour. Before I know it, it'll be bedtime...then morning and another day will be past (crazy how that happens, isn't it?).


I do want to say that I took word verification off comments. I hate word verification...and I know you do too. I apologize for ever putting it on...but now that I have moderation on...oh my! I am getting spam comments like you wouldn't believe! You don't see them because, of course, I never authorize them...but wow...it is unbelievable to me that someone would do this (or create programs that do it) to people's blogs. Spamming is terribly inconsiderate! 
Hopefully, though, you all will feel more comfortable leaving comments now that you don't have to do the silly word verification. I'll just continue moderating the spam! ;) 

Just a simple little post today...nothing deep or exciting but I think that is definitely okay from time-to-time, don't you? I hope you all have a great start to your week. Thanks so much for coming by.
I hope you will take the time to say "hello". It's always great to hear from you! 

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. It is nice every now and then to have a slow, relaxing day. I hope it helps you feel better and recharged for the week to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is feeling like fall here in northeast Ohio as well, the leaves are turning and the tempature is dropping... We are harvesting apples off of our trees, I've made applesauce and apple butter for the winter.. It really feels like fall when apple season begins... Hope you feel better after some rest, my day has been sli today too
    Blessings
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, I just wanted to stop in,it has been awhile since I last stopped in and left a comment, like you I have had a really busy summer and now things are trying to slow down which is a good thing lol. Here in the Carolinas it has been cool all weekend and my family and I love it.The temperatures have been in the low 70s. I do pray that you feel better soon and that you and your family have a wonderful and blessed week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear friend,
    Sending hugs and warm wishes from middle TN! I hope you are feeling better.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Katy...I am thrilled that Autumn is just upon us....I can't wait for cilly mornings and evenings to come....although here the mid days will still be quite warm for weeks to come yet. Your home looks very cosy....Hope you are feeling better very soon....blessings

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy