Friday, September 20, 2013

Welcome Baby!

My mom was in charge of a *welcome baby* shower for family friends. They have tried to conceive for years and were never able to... Then (after years of praying for them) God blessed them with the birth of their daughter! Since my mom was the *coordinator* so-to-speak, Madelyn and I were her helpers! My sister helped too! 

I am posting photos of all the decorations and food that we prepared but not of the actual shower itself (as I don't have permission from anyone in the pics to post them on here publicly). 

Madelyn, lighting the candles...


The food table (with the couple's friends in the background setting up the fountain)...



See those flowers below? The day before the shower the new father's parents, Madelyn, my great aunt and myself spent hours (literally!!!) fluffing those to hang up! It was truly exhausting (and time consuming!)...


Chocolate covered pretzels (made by my sister), cupcakes and peapods made by my mom...


Cookies galore! (And although tempting...I didn't eat any of them!)...



The punch fountain...


Another angle of the food table...


The *welcome* table...




A closer look at those cupcakes and peapods!


Our fan-tabulous helper...



Maddy and Me...



It was a wonderful day and I think the new parents really enjoyed it! They received a lot of gifts for their new little one and I think were truly blessed by everyone's love and support for them!

3 comments:

  1. you should've told me you were going to post these.. i could've sent you the edited ones! but either way... it turned out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    You ladies did a great job! The pea pods are so cute. What festive colors for the decorations. (: I bet the new parents really appreciated all of the effort (and love) that went into the celebration!

    Have a great weekend!

    Mitzi

    *Katy,
    You and Miss Maddy are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow everything looks so pretty and inviting! Good job on staying away from the cookies:):)
    By the way Madeline is BEAUTIFUL..and her mother is GORGEOUS!! Guess it runs in the family:)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy