Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Birthdays, Schooling, Canning...Joy-Filled Moments!

 The days have been filled with much enjoyment for our family lately...busy but wonderful nonetheless! We've celebrated birthdays, started our 6th year of homeschooling, spent time working, playing, canning, laughing, mowing, cleaning, exercising, reading and napping (quite necessary after all that busyness!).

THIS girl turned 30 recently...


*On* her actual birthday, Madelyn and I went up early (as a surprise) to watch the little ones so my sister and Cory could go out for a *birthday breakfast date*! She was surprised and I think they had a really good time! :)

Sunday, after church, we gathered as a family at their house (after having original plans to go to a park/playground changed due to rain) for lunch and presents! Eloise kept us very entertained!



 Chris took a little snooze when he could...after all, it *was* Sunday!


I got to spend a *lot* of time snuggling Dinah while we were there! 


Jaxson really enjoyed holding her too! Such a sweet, happy girl she is! :)




Jax and Eloise...


Madelyn was there too!! :)


Devon, blowing out her candle!


We all had such a nice time visiting and celebrating my sister's 30 years! I am hoping she enjoyed her celebrations just as much! 

In other *happenings*...

The children have been getting a lot of play time in (we've been having such cooler temps lately...it makes *great* weather to work and play...although not so great *swimming* weather!)...


X and Jax showing me their racing skills...


We have also started our school year. It's a bit early...but this leaves us a bit of leeway through the year, so we don't always have to feel so "under the gun". We are using Easy Peasy for some online work (free!) and Christian Light Education for our math and language arts.






I have been working on canning lately...just doing a canner-full a day or so. I am *so* thankful the weather isn't hot...canning in the terrible heat/humidity of summer can be so awful! 



Littlest Jaxson...making his own eggs this morning...


Much has been happening this July and August seems to be just as filled. I must admit, I don't know how people without a planner can keep it all straight! I love having it all written down and there for me to refer to at any time! If you have made it to the end of this extremely picture-filled post (and this is only a portion of all the pictures I have taken lately), I *thank-you* for making it here! 

And now I will leave you with a quote from one of my (many) favorite theologians:  

As a church we must love Jesus, or else we have lost our reason for existence.
~Charles H. Spurgeon

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. Always love your pictures! :) We are getting ready to start our new school year as well. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katy,
    I know your sister was blessed! I laughed when you said how could anyone survive without a day planner! There was a day for me, that was true! But my days are slower, and I still have a planner but only a few entries :)
    Blessings Always.Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to catch up with you and can feel the love you have for your family in this post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, Katy!
    After all of these years of following your blog I still am so excited every time you update us on your "family happenings"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always...I leave feeling lifted and I am always delighted to stop by now and them. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy