Sunday, August 4, 2013

"My heart to you is given...

...Oh, do give yours to me;
We'll lock them up together, 
And throw away the key.
~ Frederick Saunders


 Madelyn & Me

My family and I attended a wedding this past Saturday. This woman is a friend of ours. She lost her husband a couple years back from a workplace accident. The man had worked for my dad from time-to-time (and a family friend) and it was a devastating blow to her and everyone. He was in his early twenties....they were only married a short time before she became a widow. (The hardest part for Chris and me to deal with was the fact that he was not saved. It tears the heart to pieces to know we will truly never see him again.)

Her new beau works/runs our local feed store (we all know him from getting all our animal feeds there!). I *believe* she met him there when going to purchase her horse feed. They fell in love and have taken the next step to join in marriage. The weather ended up being beautiful for this simple, lovely wedding. Look at this amazing arch that they made...


It is two old doors with a ladder on top. There are flowers and grapevine covering it as well. I absolutely love it (and our friend said she would help Chris and me to make one of our own!!).

It was so simple and low-key. We were all encouraged to wear jeans and boots...


My little cowgirl (notice we sat on straw bales!? Isn't that neat?)...


Chris's jeans and boots...


The pastor and men waiting for the bride...


And here she comes with her daddy! Doesn't she look absolutely beautiful?


The ceremony was focused on God and this beautiful covenant (the pastor's words were just wonderful!). Although my friends are not believers, I have been praying that they *will* come to a knowledge of Christ (and that the Holy Spirit will provide a way for me to share the gospel with them)...


The new Mr. and Mrs. (and although they aren't smiling at this moment...they both were truly happy and joy-filled!)...


I was there with my beloved. Attending a wedding always makes me reminisce on our own vows...


The reception, like the wedding, was simple and lovely!


My boys...


There was a playground outside so children (and Chris) could be out playing while the wedding party was having pictures taken...
Madelyn & her daddy...


I am disappointed that this zip line was too small for adults. I would have loved to give it a try! :)
Xavier...


Jaxson...


And...to my complete shock and delight...my father (the man in the middle there) did the chicken dance!!! I have never seen my dad do that and was truly in a state of disbelief! My sister and her family couldn't make it to the wedding so I took some photos and then hurried outside (where I had reception) to call her and share this crazy news with her! I was so thrilled to have some pictures as proof because I don't think anyone would believe me if I didn't! Madelyn *loved* having her Pop-Pop doing the chicken dance with her! (The boys were outside with Chris playing tether ball and missed it!)...


Weddings are always such a beautiful thing to partake in! :) They are ordained by God between one and one woman for life. It was so lovely to enjoy this day with friends! I hope you will join me in praying for their salvation. The best marriage is a God-centered one! Amen? 

Thank you for visiting here friends!
Warmly,
Katy

"The holier a man becomes, the more he mourns over the unholiness which remains in him." 
~ C. H. Spurgeon

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pics. Wish we could've been there! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweet looking wedding. Hey, you might be surprised when you see your friend's first husband in heaven one day after all. I wonder a lot of times, if people we thought were not saved, may have accepted Christ as a child, but just not living in Christ as an adult. We always have that hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy your lovely daughter looks so much like you, the wedding looks very beautiful in that simple way.I love the relaxed feel, wearing jeans and boots. I still love to read your blog, its always full of inspiration.best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what they did for an arch! So beautiful!

    I pray that they will come to know Christ too, Katy. He truly is our all in all.

    I say a hearty Amen, to Christ centered marriages!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy