Friday, July 5, 2013

~Some Fun on the Fourth~

We had an enjoyable fourth...although it rained early in the morning (and then again for a bit in the evening) the later morning and afternoon were sunny and cheery...perfect weather for a small town parade! Xavier was so excited to get to take one of the children's go-karts through! He spent time spraying it and wiping it down...


Pop-Pop took it to line it up for the parade. Here they are unloading...


Excitedly waiting in the line-up behind my aunt and uncle's Jeep...


And here they are, going through the parade ~ X and his cousin...


 Madelyn rode on Pop-Pop's tiltbed and threw candy!


Guess who else was there? Yep! The Squeezle brought her family to watch the parade! (Ok, I'll admit she didn't *bring* them per se (as she obviously didn't drive there)... but she was her parent's motivation for coming...so I think I can say in all honesty that she "brought" them, don't you think?) In the photo below, El is holding a confederate flag but we are quite properly considered *yanks* being tried and true Pennsylvanians. A Dukes of Hazzard look-alike group came through with the General Lee, Daisy's Jeep, Boss Hogg's car, and the Sheriff's car and were handing out these flags! :) Eloise loved the parade despite the fact that the picture makes it appear otherwise. The sun and glare had her constantly squinting...thus the concentrated look she has here...


Her itty-bitty cutie-patootie sister was there too!



Uncle Chris came over to see Eloise (she hid. behind her hat.)...


She soon overcame her shyness and they did their official "handshake". It's called *thumbskies*...


After Madelyn rode on my dad's truck, she joined Jaxson and their cousins on the wagon with Chris's family who always brings up the rear of the parade (for over 50 years!)...





After the parade, we all met at my in-love's pavilion for a picnic. I was too busy snuggling Dinah and chatting with my sister and great-aunt Jo to take many pictures but I *did* capture this sweet moment...Pop-Pop (my dad) swinging with Eloise ~ by her request (it's the first time I ever remember seeing my dad swing, I think!)...


Later in the afternoon, after my sister and her family went home, Chris, the children and lots of other family went swimming at our neighbor's house. After soaking in all the sunshine at the parade, I enjoyed a nice, cool, quiet nap at home!

Supper consisted of homemade pizza and root beer floats (I had salad!)...


After supper, it rained a bit and then stopped. It cooled things down outside a bit and the children were so excited when they saw this beauty in the sky (it's super hard to see..but there is a second faint rainbow beside it too!)...



The colors were so vivid and beautiful! The pictures don't do it justice, truly!



Soon, the colors faded a bit on the ends but got more vivid up in the top of the rainbow! I love the awe and wonder my children have over God's glorious creation. We all still get so excited to see a rainbow ~ the sign of God's promise to never flood the entire earth again...


We did not go to watch fireworks. They didn't start until 10 which meant we wouldn't be home and in bed until after 11. With Chris having to work the next morning and me having spin class bright and early...we decided to stay home after such a busy, event-filled day! The children did have some fun with sparklers (although our time doing that was cut short due to it starting to rain again!)...





I hope you enjoyed your fourth of July festivities with your loved ones! Thank you for coming and sharing in mine! 

Warmly,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

6 comments:

  1. Hello Katy, I just wanted to mention that tomorrow I have a post coming out featuring your blog. It is what I have had in my heart to do for a long time. I wanted to make your blog first as you have become my dear bloggy friend. I hope to continue featuring those blogs that have ministered to me in the future!
    Blessings Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day full of fun. Love the rainbow pictures... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day! I came over from Roxy's blog. Nice to meet you, Katy. God bless youl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet blog. I love how you love your family. I found you through Roxy! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a terrific day. I'm glad you were so happy.

    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy