Thursday, May 2, 2013

What Beautiful Spring Days Are Made Of...


We have been supremely blessed to be able to enjoy sunshiny, beautiful spring days this week. It has been absolutely wonderful! We have been *busy* but it feels good to be able to get a lot of things done...all while the sun shines! Earlier this evening, Chris and I were out turning the dirt in the raised garden beds and pulling out weeds. The children were helping with some things and then having fun riding their bikes and scooters (I have pictures below in this post!). Windows are opened wide and I have been in absolute awe and praise of God for the beauty of His creation. If His creation is *this* beautiful...how gorgeous our Lord must be! 

The children have been picking me flowers (as pictured above) and been getting lots of outside playtime in (lots of great exercise and air in the lungs!). We still get our schoolwork done...but the children get a little antsy hoping to get outside as soon as possible! I steal away while they are all doing independent work so that I can spend some time hanging out laundry in the beautiful sunshine. Madelyn is now tall enough to help me when it comes time to bring the laundry in! 


Keeping up with the lawn has also been keeping me busy. I do chunks of it almost daily (so I can keep up with it). Since I use a reel mower it takes more work and effort to mow so I can't do our whole front and back yards all at one time! I like not having to use up gas to do it as well as getting in another great workout during the day (the first workout still being my daily early morning spin class)...


On Wednesdays I watch my nephews for a bit at their house. The boys all had fun playing, swinging, and sliding...


Madelyn loved snuggling my littlest nephew...


Some photos of tonight's happenings...


Jaxson (above) with his new cap gun from Grammie. Chris (below) turning the dirt in the raised beds...


Penny and Pearl enjoying an evening snack...


Xavier had fun showing us his biking skills...


Pearl, Penny and Gyro (a sheep we are sheep-sitting for friends)...


The boys have their dirt pile all set up with cars, trucks, diggers and more (from a distance it looks like a mess..but when you get closer, you can see that they have things set up in special places. I love the memories they make playing here each year. They will remember it fondly!)...



Before heading inside for the night, the chilren wanted to show us a performance they were putting on...





Oh my...how thankful I am for cameras and the ability to capture these moments! My brain can't seem to hold all the memories I'm afraid so I am so glad to be able to flip through the pages of my blog books to remember! I am a bit behind on getting my books printed though...it can get pricey because of the amount of posts and pictures I have. But hopefully I will be able to get these recent years printed sometime soon! Until then, I am glad they are *here* for me to look back on!

I hope your days are overflowing with sunshine and smiles! 
Have a great weekend! 

Warmly,
Katy

It's all about Jesus Christ being first....and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

10 comments:

  1. your photos are wonderful, I'm glad you are having such great fun making memories with your children! have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how boys play.....it makes me smile! You are so right....we are blessed to be able to capture these moments on camera, Katy!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, It is wonderful to see the children playing outside again! I guess sprind has finally arrived....finally. It has been beautiful here in the Finger Lakes of New York. I love these days.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite time of year! :) Your pictures are great and capture the season beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just loving this beautiful spring weather and busyness as well. I love keeping busy outside in the yard and garden! It's a glorious feeling to go to bed at night completely exhausted and filled with fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sneak peak of such a lovely, lovely day :) m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful. We have snow and ice today after 80 degree days early this week.

    Lots of limbs down. I just hope I don't lose my Lilacs.

    Have a great weekend. Mine will include soup and maybe baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lawn looks GREAT! Our grass is just starting to get green.

    Can't wait to have some warmer temps here, it's been pretty cold yet and they had snow about 90 miles south of us the other day. Thankfully we did not get the snow this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is such a wonderful time of year,but summer comes much too soon for us here in Texas :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Dear Friend,
    I loved the pic of all the cars in the sand! My gransons have one outback. I get to go see my other four grandchildren next week. So excited! Happy Mothers Day!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy