Monday, April 29, 2013

A Beautiful Spring Day

 Can words describe the fragrance of the very breath of spring?
                                                        ~Neltje Blanchan


Although today's sky is full of clouds and bursting with times of rain, previous days have been beautiful. Blue skies, sunshine and comfortable temperatures! The children have enjoyed playing outside when our day's schoolwork is finished (they even seem to do their chores more joyfully when the sun is shining...and so do I!). I have been lining the clotheslines with loads of clean clothes...I love the wonderful smell of them as I take them *off* the lines (and fold them) when they are dry!


The boys have gotten their cars out and set up in the "dirt pile". They also have fun running and playing in the sunshine! 


Madelyn asked to go to the library for a bit the other day...so we went and found lots of books to enjoy!


Mad and Jaxson dove right in!




Xavier was ready to go within minutes of getting there. He would rather be *doing* something than *reading*...which in one way makes me sad (that he doesn't enjoy reading) but in another way, doesn't...he is gifted in many areas and God will use those things to His glory. God made him and I am so thankful! We all have strengths in different things...and that is okay!

                         

Schooling is finished for today and now I need to continue on with housework. I need to fold some clothes and finish some dishes...then get the floors swept (on this rainy day)! We are hoping for some sunny days ahead! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Kindly,
Katy


5 comments:

  1. I love the smell of clothes fresh off the clothesline too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love the library too, Katy, even though we have a houseful of books! :)

    I'm loving this beautiful weather here too

    Enjoy your lovely weather!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome day....I love the smell and motivation spring brings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy,
    I long for rain!! We have been in extreme drought conditions. I have never seen anything like this. We are praying and believing for rain.
    I am well I finally got some curtains up that match my new furniture. I was sad to see the flowers go. I have stripped ones now :)
    It seems like a new business has come upon us, Spring is coming with no moisture so it is hard to even think about planting.
    I send a big blessing to you and yours.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have been having some lovely weather. It has finally arrived here too and I feel like planting flowers!!!! What are your tips for keeping pots of plants alive? I don't have a green thumb

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy