Monday, May 13, 2013

There is, somehow, a wonderful power...

...about a mother's voice when she talks to her 
children about Jesus and his love, which stamps itself upon the heart, and the heart is a far better place for the custody of truth than ever the brain can become.
~Charles Spurgeon



I had a wonderfully simple (and sweet) Mother's Day. I awoke early (as usual) and a bouquet of flowers was waiting for me when I came downstairs. Beautiful flowers...they have such a way of lifting my spirits...simple as they can be. We were off to church early (as I am in charge of making our worship guides and have to go early to the church to print them off and fold them) and enjoyed a wonderful time of worship and fellowship. We got home in the afternoon, had lunch and then everyone spent a bit of time in quiet, reading (even Xavier who doesn't normally do so without a fight!). I eventually nodded off and took a nice nap. Later, after having a nice chat with my mom, we went and visited with Chris's mom for a bit and took her a lovely hanging basket for her porch. When we got home, the older two children put on a bit of a presentation for us for Mother's Day. I have pictures below! :)

Xavier made some things at our homeschool co-op for us...coasters for Chris and me...


...and a plate (and sweet notes) for me...he gave these things to us on Saturday. He was much-too excited to wait any longer! I love that my cheeks are hearts...


"As love grows, selfishness dies out in the heart. Love is always ready to deny itself, to give, to sacrifice, just in the measure of its sincerity and intensity. Perfect love is perfect self-forgetfulness. Hence, where there is love in a home, unselfishness is the law. Each forgets self and lives for the others." 
~J.R. Miller, Home-Making

Xavier sings and dances for us!





Madelyn sings and dances for us too!


A gift of *never wilting flowers* from Madelyn...

"...in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers [as training up her children], and she would commit to no other hands the sacred and holy trust given to her."
~J.R. Miller, Home-Making

"But when a little child in a mother's bosom is loved, nursed, caressed, held close to her heart, prayed over, wept over, talked with, for days, weeks, months, years, it is no mere fancy to say that the mother's life has indeed passed into the child's soul. What it becomes is determined by what the mother is. The early years settle what its character will be, and these are the mother's years."
~J.R. Miller, Home-Making



Jaxson was there too...but he didn't *perform*. He *did* make me a card though...and I love it! 


It's hard to see it but it says: "I riley (really) love you"...then he drew a picture of me with him. (The scribbled above his head was his *original* head but he told me he realized he made himself as tall as me and that wasn't right...so he had to scribble that head out and remake himself!)

Yes, it's true...I had such a sweet Mother's Day. I am so thankful for my husband and children who were all involved in *making* me a mother. I am also so grateful for my own mother and my mother-in-love. I feel blessed to have their Godly influences, wisdom, encouragement and love. :)
I hope your Mother's Day was filled to over-flowing with joy and love too! 
Warmly,
Katy

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, such sweet mother's day gifts!

    LOVE the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katy,
    So glad your children called you blessed! We are on are way to visit our four grand children down south early tomorrow.
    I send you greetings and thinking of you tonight.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful flowers and lovely gifts from your children...
    have a lovely weekend..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy