Monday, April 15, 2013

..::Comfort in the Commonplace::..

When tragedy strikes, as we pray for those affected, I find comfort in the little things...thankful for the commonplace in my life. To some, it may not be an adventurous, exciting sort-of life I live...but it *is* wonderful. I am thankful for it! As my heart fills with compassion for those hurting right now I know (and find complete comfort in) God is in control and He is good. 

I pray you find comfort in a bit of the commonplace in your life as well...as we keep the victims and loved ones of those affected by the terrible bomb blasts in Boston earlier this afternoon in our thoughts and prayers.



Homeschooling...





Beautiful, fragrant pink roses...a gift from my Maddy-girl to me...



Simple things...such as a new over-the-sink light bring me joy! No longer blinded by bright, florescent lighting...I now tend to my dishes and things in the kitchen under a softer, warmer-sort of light!


Thankful for my sweet husband who took the time to wire and hang it for me!


A bit of a living room re-arrange makes things fresh yet still cozy and homey!






A lovely gift from a friend came in the mail the other day (it's so fun to get a package!)! Isn't this apron beautiful (the photo is not an altogether flattering one of me...but I wanted to share Roxy's thoughtfulness! She *made* this for me!)??
Thank you Roxy! :)


Thank you for stopping by. 
I hope you have found a bit of calm and comfort here today. 
Warmly,
Katy

14 comments:

  1. Hi Katy, I think you look so pretty in that gorgeous apron. I am going to make myself one...... I have the fabric all ready. The roses from your darling daughter are so beautiful. I love how your kids seem to take school work so seriously. They are all getting so grown up. Whew! Did I get everything in that I wanted to say? Seriously, we must pray for all our friends from near and far who were at the Marathon in Boston today. God bless them all and this country. Pray for Peace.

    Blessings,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad for the victims of those terrible explosions...sad also for our country. As you said God is in control......may his will be done on earth as it is in heaven. I love your punched tin light fixture. Living a simple life is the best kinda life for me! It doesn't take much to make me happy,for truly Christ gives me joy to the fullest .....Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katy, You look just like a sweet momma to some really special treasures. You're so welcome, and it blessed me to do it more than you will ever know. My hubby got a kick out of seeing spiderman crawling up the walls :)
    Yes, you have given us a glimpse of comfort and peace in your pictures of life being lived out.
    Praying for all the sorrow and tough times for so many.
    Blessings Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy,

    I find the ordinary to be comforting. Especially in such an unsettled world. As I told my Megan when bad things happen you can't stop living from fear. Life goes on and the best thing you can do when bad things happen is pray!

    Beautiful apron! I really like the fabric. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello katy,
    beautiful new lamp...it looks nice.you looks very pretty in your new apron, I really like the fabric.
    pray for the people who were at the Marathon in Boston today.
    blessings ,Regina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the calm and comfort in a world of chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read all you thoughts. You are such an inspiration in a world where you can't find too many good and Godly inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Katy...

    I just nominated you to receive the Liebster Award. I hope you'll accept. Here are 11 questions for you to answer and check back on my blog to see posting details..

    1. Your blog title/name? How did it come about... is there a story?
    2. Books. Who is your favorite author? What is your style?
    3. Speaking of Style. Who/what inspires you in your wardrobe selection?
    4. If you're a mom! - Any advice you could share? If you're not... What do you wish you could share?
    5. In blogging.. Do you share your Faith? Why or Why not?
    6. Collections... What is yours? Baskets? Cookbooks? - How did you get started?
    7. Do you have that one "best friend" - what makes her a great friend? Give me just two-three words.
    8. Pizza or Stromboli? Would that be homemade or "Take Out"?
    9. Camera advice...is needed. What would you recommend?
    10. And your favorite flower is...?
    11. Tell me that one idiosyncrasy you LOVE about yourself..

    ReplyDelete
  9. longing for the peacefulness of home...,,,
    we just pray and ask God to comfort those who are hurting.
    so enjoy seeing your photos of home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiul post Katy, your home looks cosy and welcoming.
    Yes prayers for people in BOSTON, we have our marathon in london on this coming sunday, we pray everything goes accordingly.
    Best wishes. x
    p.s Katy i want to crochet my grandaughter a poncho, just a simple pattern, do you know of any websites that can help me with a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fabulous Katy! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the cozy and comforts of your home. It is so nice to be able to take a glimpse into your every day life. You are an inspiration to many and I am so blessed to be able to follow you throughout your journey. My mom in law Roxy is amazing! I loved the apron she made you.... It matches your blog background!!! I just love it!
    I hope you have a wonderful week Katy!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy