Friday, April 5, 2013

*Delight*

We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children

 that makes the heart too big for the body.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

We have been keeping busy here at home. Here are just a few precious memories we've made lately...

 I love my *super* boys!


Did you know they can *fly*?



My Madelyn and me...


 Ruthie-girl...


The latest baking (whole wheat buttermilk biscuits and dinner rolls) for suppers...



My first hand-picked flower of the year (from Jaxson)...


I am so happy to be able to report that the sun is shining brightly today! Unfortunately, the day started out pretty dismally...the children and I were on our way to a dentist appointment for them (which we were only a few miles out in an over-an-hour long trip) and (thankfully) after just getting on the interstate, I noticed that it felt as though we were driving over rumble strips (constantly). I called Chris and he had me pull over to check that the wheels were all secure...then I had to turn around and head into town and to my dad's garage. We were there for a few hours as they checked on things as they could work us in but were unable to completely fix the problem. Poor Chris is going to work on the van more tonight or Saturday. I had to reschedule our dentist appointment. 
Our van has been such a nuisance lately. We fix one thing and immediately something else is wrong. We have been quite blessed though, as we have had this van for over seven years now and haven't had many problems until now. I would love to be able to find another vehicle but Chris is unsure if we can afford something else. So we will pray about it and see what is best...I know God will provide if another vehicle is what we should get. Maybe the best route is to continue to just fix the problems with the van we have now...? I guess we'll just wait it out and see. 
The blessing of it all is that we are *home* now and enjoying the sunshine...and I am so thankful for that. The children *need* that time to run and play. I have clothes on the line and have enjoyed just standing in the sunshine. It's still chilly...but warmer than it has been in a long, long time! :) 
I hope spring has arrived on your doorstep as well. The nice weather has been truly missed by this family and we will drink every drop of it in! I hope you will too! Thanks so much for coming by. :)
Warmly,
Katy
It's all about Jesus Christ being first....and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first. 
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katy,

    So sorry about the van troubles. We fix things and fix things and just keep going. :)

    Your boys (and your Madelyn too) are growing up!

    The flying they are doing we call the "Zip Zop" at our house! lol!

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids and I spent most of our afternoon outside soaking up the sunshine. It felt great!

    Sorry that you are having issues with your van. That is no fun!

    I hope that you are able to soak up some more outside time this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi katy,
    so sorry about the van troubles.
    your baking looks good!!!!!
    wish you more sunshine,
    love regina

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy