Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Joy-Filled Moments!

We celebrated my dad's birthday earlier this week with a small party at his garage. My sister and her girls came too! (Yay!) It was Dinah's first trip to our small town (as they live an hour away from us). We had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends...and enjoying delicious food (my mom made her homemade BBQ chicken, baked potatoes and corn she had canned last year from her garden)! 

Madelyn and Eloise had fun coloring...


I was quite blessed to get a *lot* of snuggle time with my littlest niece, Dinah! Isn't she just too sweet? She is always so full of smiles and joy!




Time for lunch! Eloise thinks her cousin X is quite silly!


My Madelyn and me...


Playing...


Look! It's Bilbo Baggins! ("What's a Bagginses, Precious?") Oh ~ wait...it's Jaxson! He sure fooled me! :P


Jaxson is a huge fan of Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. He has wanted a Frodo or Bilbo costume for a long time. Grammie (aka: my mama) surprised him with one! He was over-the-moon excited about it! He will oft-times go only in his bare feet (and thinks he is a hobbit!). He has always hated socks and even through the freezing cold winters, I have to battle with him to remember to put on socks under his shoes!


The roses that Madelyn got for me are blooming beautifully!


Our family portrait...by Jaxson...

And now it's time for me to go. There are more chores to be finished and laundry to go out on the line! I hope you are having many joy-filled moments of your own! Thank you for stopping by today! :)

Warmly,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank, He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful memories :) Thank you so much for inviting me to share them today... m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day!!! Family get-togethers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy,

    I've so enjoyed catching up with your blog (my blog reader has not been working for weeks now). Thanks for blessing us with all y'alls blessings.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful family!! I love reading about them!
    I have a question! I was wondering what homeschool curriculum you use and where you get it from and how much does it cost?! I know it's a lot! Pennsylvania may be cutting the funding for cyber charter schools and that's what we are currently doing. I want to continue home education with my kids and you were the first person who popped into my mind! I was wondering if you knew what was required in PA and any help you could give would be sooooo appreciated!! :) Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy