Wednesday, February 27, 2013

*Small Moments*


Our Western PA weather just doesn't know what it wants to do! It rains then the temperature drops and we get lots of ice and snow...then it rains again (all in the same couple days!). I will go ahead and admit it...I am *so* ready for spring weather to arrive...warmer temps where I can hang clothes on the line and get some seeds a-growin'!

Oh how this teaches me patience! Slush, mud and ice are hopefully going to soon be a distant memory! Mmmm...can you just imagine how lovely it will be ~ birds singing, flowers blooming, grass growing, warm breezes...plus getting to wear all my summer skirts! Spring can't come soon enough for me! :)


What we have been up to lately (in addition to our daily schoolwork)...

Knitting...


Reading (very important Hobbit news)...


Laundry...

 
Bible study...


Drawing pictures together (they love for me to tell them what to draw and then we all see how they each used their imagination to draw it!)...


I can't remember if I wrote about it already or not...but I am planning on running my first 5K towards the end of March! I am excited...and just hoping to finish. I'm a spinner...not a runner...but I am going to do my best! My friend, Ann, and I spin together at the Y. She mentioned she wanted to run it (as her first 5K) and I mentioned how I had considered it too...so we are going to run it together!

I have still been spinning daily and am now down 59lbs...so close to that 60lb mark! It feels so good to be healthy and energetic! I am really looking forward to summer and all the activities we can do...including swimming! I found a wonderful modest swimming suit on sale and look forward to swimming with my family this year!

I am also hoping the extra activity of the summer helps me slim down more. I still would like to lose at least another 14 lbs to get to my first goal-weight (what I weighed when I graduated high school). I still wear skirts most of the time...as I like to feel feminine...but on the more frigid days (where the cold seems to seep right into your bones) I have worn pants. I fit into a pair of khakis that I have not worn since my honeymoon (over a decade ago)! That was a *great* feeling! I praise and endlessly thank God for His strength and answering my prayers. He makes all things possible!

Well, I need to get going...I'm sorry my posts are so few and far between lately. Sometimes I just can't *think* to get the words down...does that make sense? I hope you each are doing well. I always enjoy reading your comments, emails (and sometimes *your* blog posts). I'm always so glad you have taken the time to drop by and visit me! Until next time (Lord willing)...

♥ Katy

6 comments:

  1. Hi Katy, I think it is wonderful how you have set this goal and you are reaching for the stars.
    I think you will always remember this season of dicapline and courage. May you run like the wind.
    Never worry about the blog it really is way down on the pole of to do list.
    I Enjoy being a part of your Bloggy friends!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Katy! Congrats on the weight loss. I have decided March 1st will be my start date for some strong discipline and cutting down...Pray for me. I am so ready for Spring too. Ready to hear the birds..see some blooms..Blessings on your 5K...you can do it! So glad I stopped by. very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super job on the weight loss! you inspired me to start on a journey to better health. i am now down 10 pounds in about 12 weeks. would like to lose faster-i know i need to up the exercise. thanks for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, don't know if you remember me but I emailed you about a year ago.Time does get by! I told you how I'd picked up my knitting needles for the first time since high school. And that was 1969.Well, I have finished quite a few dish cloths and they do look better, than they did a year ago,(maybe it wasn't that long ago, seems like it was last summer)but I use that same pattern that you used in todays blog, the one with the "intended" holes. Mine do not look like yours, they have some unintended holes and some intended holes.But I still enjoy it and will keep on trying, Lord willing. Thanks for taking your time to let us visit with y'all. Janice in Arkansas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Katy,

    What a coincidence....my daughter and I are considering running our first 5K in the spring to benefit the Ronald McDonald house. I spin too, but mostly use the eliptical and treadmill. The most I've run at one time is a little over 6 miles in an hour. That's a big improvement from this time last year! (:
    So proud of your weight loss girly! That is great!
    Ready for spring here too and wanting to get my seeds going as well.

    Have a great day Katy!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have really persevered and done so well to not only loose so much weight but also to get in shape!! You have set a good example to your children about making a goal and seeing it through!! Way to go!!

    I enjoy visiting your blog. Your home looks to warm and inviting and you do such neat things with your kids.

    CONGRATS on signing up for the 5K and you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy