Saturday, February 9, 2013

*The Weekend*


It's the weekend...and it's awfully quiet around here! The children are spending the weekend with my parents. They are having fun and Chris and I are enjoying some time together. We haven't done anything fancy...just simply *being* together is nice.

 Last evening, Chris worked late at work on my van. It needed new struts. (It also needs a few other things...argh!) So we didn't get to really be together then....but today was a different story! While Chris slept in a bit, I went to my daily spin class. Once I was home and showered, we were able to spend a nice, slow morning...joking together, having breakfast, and talking.

This afternoon we worked on stacking wood. Chris's mom even came by to help for a bit, wasn't that kind? :)  Then I spent some time watching Downton Abbey (I just love that program....I am catching up on all the episodes via Netflix videos. I have just finished up the third disc from season 2...I think I am going to be starting season 3 next! I am quite a fan of many BBC shows!)


This evening...I made Chris some burgers for supper. Now we are just relaxing under afghans with oil lamps lit. Although the quiet is nice, I sure do miss my little ones! I look forward to them coming home tomorrow!


I was hoping to get more accomplished today...some deeper cleaning and organizing...but alas, I didn't. Oh well...it will all be there later to work on! :)


Some photos from around the house...




Latest knitting projects...


Day...


 ...and night...



Even though it isn't quite Valentine's Day...I hope you are spending time with the ones you love most (*every*day!). I know I am incredibly thankful to be with my husband...such a blessing he is to me (oh! How he knows how to make me laugh and giggle...which I am doing right now...oh if you could hear him teasing me~in love...we act like kids sometimes!)!

Have a worship-filled, lovely Lord's Day!

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time together! :) I know what you mean though..the kids sure are missed when they're not there...it's almost "too quiet".

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're getting an opportunity to relax and connect with your hubby - What a blessed weekend.

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy! I love Downton Abby--thank goodness there is something descent to watch on TV since I started watching that. Also the one that has Midwife in the title is good. I found on Idaho PBS another series, Lark Rise to Candleford. It is great and free. The actor that plays Bates on Downton Abby also play in this one. It is nice for you two to have a weekend alone and I know the children are enjoying their visit to the grandparent's house. Love you! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend!! So peaceful and relaxing!! We had started watching Downton Abbey but we were very disturbed by a couple of episodes...I was really shocked because I had heard such wonderful things about it.

    Your pictures are so peaceful! :)

    Continue to enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first episode had a part that bothered me...and there were a few others...but overall, I really enjoy the series...I am just cautious about the children being around to watch it. although Madelyn loves the dress and femininity of the ladies (and so do I)...but I haven't let her watch it all. :) But I definitely hear you on that!

      Delete
  5. Katy,

    Where did you get the heart candle that is hanging?
    Thanks,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love stopping by your blog. I'm glad you are able to spend some quality alone time with your hubby. That's always a good thing. I love Downton Abbey, also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katy, You have a very good eye to capture the sweetness of your home. Also the new door looks like its just the right style for your country home sweet home.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand about van repairs. Mine is sitting in the yard with a blown head gasket, after we just put three grand in other repairs :( Each time it was like, well we just put this much in might as well fix this and we'll be good. Nope something else would go wrong, were at the point of when do we stop sinking money and just cut our losses.
    I enjoy your posts.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy