Saturday, February 16, 2013

"Take nothing for granted...

... for whenever you do The “joy of enjoying” is lessened for you… For we rob our own lives much more than we knowWhen we fail to respond or in any way show Our thanks for the blessingsthat daily are ours… The warmth of the sun, the fragrance of flowers, The beauty of twilight, the freshness of dawn, The coolness of dew on a green velvet lawn,The kind little deeds so thoughtfully done, The favors of friends and the love that someone Unselfishly gives us in a myriad of ways, Expecting no payment and no words of praise… Oh, great is our loss when we no longer find A thankful response to things of this kind, For the Joy of Enjoying and the Fullness of Living Are found in the heart that is filled with Thanksgiving."
~Helen Steiner Rice

It's the weekend again already. My, how the time just goes by quicker and quicker with each passing day! Realizing *that* reminds me to not take moments for granted (as I often tend to do, unfortunately). Moments of children's disobedience and bickering can wane on my patience terribly. Some days, I have found myself just trying to make it through the day. Often, I look back at the days' happenings and feel so discouraged. How I long to be a mother who is completely selfless and rules over her children in a gentle, loving and firm way (How I LOVE being a mother...but oh the sadness I always feel at never being as good of a mother as I want to be!). Each and every day, I start out trying my best...and before the morning is through, I oft times have already failed. I have such sorrow over the fact that I take so much for granted (one thing being: my children won't always be young). God is teaching me though...daily. I found such encouragement in Nancy Campbell's *Reclaiming Motherhood* video HERE. It's less than 10 minutes long...but those minutes are packed full with rich, loving encouragement! 

As you embrace and mother children, you are doing what you were created to do. You live in the glory of womanhood as you embrace your nurturing anointing.

~Nancy Campbell



On another note: 

After my reveling in the fact that I hadn't gotten a cold all winter...I humbly accepted defeat...it got me. That horrible cold (sneezing, coughing etc) has gotten it's hold on me. I must admit, it's not *that* bad...but considering I have escaped it's clutches for so long, any bit of runny nose/stuffiness that I have is uncomfortable! I still went to spin class this morning...attempting to sweat out the cold as much as possible. I'll also use some of my essential oils to clean and disinfect my home of these cold germies so no one else has to get them!


Jaxson went through his key collection (lovingly acquired and given to him by Pop-Pop) and tried diligently to find a key that would work in our *new* old door! :) To his dismay, he never found one! I didn't realize it until after I took the picture, below, his determination ~ look at that tongue sticking out! ;)


Days have been filled with lots of reading, writing and 'rithmetic (along with Bible, Social Studies, Science etc.)...



Madelyn did some typing practice as well...



For Valentine's Day...I received a brand new tire for the van! Actually, it was desperately needed and we just happened to get it then. I *am* quite thankful for that new tire though! The one that was messed up really made for a bumpy, uncomfortable ride!

For supper that evening, Madelyn and I made whole-grain spaghetti and meatballs...


....with heart-shaped garlic bread! (Although I had some low calorie soup while the others ate that wonderful meal...oh, how delicious it smelled!)



That evening was spent reading and playing *24* (a game we thoroughly enjoy)...




And, although I haven't been baking as much (to keep temptations down)...I still do bake *some*...


So here I sit, sneezing and coughing from time-to-time. Chris and the children are going to go out to split and stack wood in a bit. I'll take that time to tidy the house and get it disinfected from my germs and smelling like lemon, orange and tea trea oils! We are attending the birthday party of friends' little one this evening. As long as I am feeling okay, I still hope to go...while just keeping my distance *and germs* to myself! :)

I hope your weekend is full and enjoyed. Remember ~ don't take anything for granted!

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,

    We were watching home videos the other night and oh my goodness, how I just wanted to be able to reach in and hold my babies who are now 20, 18, 16, and (almost) 14. We were also happy (and sad) to remember our deceased parents (his mom, my dad) who were also shown in the videos. The reality that we have taken our youth and health for granted also hit us in the face. (: Things sure are different now as we celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary and my 47th birthday yesterday. I am more thankful yet continually long to be closer and closer to God. Have you felt this way in your journey Katy? ... kind of a pull between flesh (and the world) and spiritualism. It puts a real strain on my marital relationship because although I love my husband, he just doesn't *get it*. I don't want to take this change (rebirth) for granted when everything else seems so superficial. I guess this is my cross and the best to hope for is to be a good influence. (:
    I'm sorry to ramble, but your post hit a nerve today (as they do much of the time). (: I hope you feel better, enjoy your friends and the party, and have a Sunday full of blessings!

    ((Hugs))

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I got sick last month I had great success with gargling with some Bragg's apple cider vinegar a few times a day. I also took some cinnamon and ginger mixed into raw honey. The flavor of that also helped to cut the tartness of the vinegar. Hope you feel better soon! We are *all* more than ready for spring, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope this finds you feeling better! May I ask where you purchase your essential oils? I use them also and thought maybe you found a better deal than I did;)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy