Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Past Few Days...

Things have been keeping busy here at home. Chris got a bit of a stomach bug on Monday. The children and I came home from our homeschool co-op day that afternoon and found him home, sick (and Chris is not one to miss work). I took to sanitizing the house (door knobs, phones, faucets, the air etc.) and we prayed he would feel better fast and no one else would get it. Thankfully, he was doing much better on Tuesday and the rest of us did *not* get sick! Praise God! There are few things worse than watching your children with the stomach bug....and if *Mama* goes down, the house just doesn't run right....so we were hoping to escape from that illness. I have thanked God continually for the health He has given us all lately!

In addition to housework and normal ins and outs of living...we have been schooling...


Using our imaginations (that's Jaxson in there)...



And I brought out my beloved essential oils because this little guy (below) woke up with quite a headache yesterday morn. I placed some peppermint oil on his temples (which irritated him thoroughly because of how it heats up and for the strong smell)...


And later in the afternoon, he was feeling much better...


I have made up my list and began writing out my order for flowers and veggies seeds for this year! I have high hopes for my gardens this year. (Each year I do a little bit more and experiment more too!)...


We've been creating...


(Madelyn with the latch hook pillow she made at her Keepers of the Faith class at our homeschool co-op!)

And this little one has lost another tooth! Now both baby teeth beside his top front teeth are gone...


And of course, more schooling and studies...


Nothing overly-exciting here to really report (although I have now found out that I have lost a total of 58 lbs since beginning my journey to health last June)! We are just living and learning....God is teaching me so much in the trials of life and as I spent time in His Word today (1 John), I just felt the complete desire....a *need* to live my life as He wants me to. It's so frustrating when my flesh gets in the way...it's such a struggle with self.

Our van seems to be really dying. It has so many problems...we fix one and another pops up! It has truly served us well for the past 7+ years we have had it...but now we are praying God will provide something else. We will see what happens. We hope something will come along that serves us well for another long while! :)


Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are… Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.
- Mary Jean Iron


We're really looking forward to spring weather here....are you? 
Have a great rest of the week ahead! 

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

6 comments:

  1. I hear you on the van! My 12 year old Blazer is going into the shop on Monday. We are asking for a list and dollar amount for repairs. Then we ill see if it is even worth fixing. It seems we are pouring money into it all the time. The good thing is we don't have any car payments and I pretty much stay home so I don't have to have a car daily. Trying to look at the bright side!

    Glad to hear the rest of the family hasn't caught the bug! I hear it is nasty this year.
    :(

    I am going to get some pepperment oil as I have headaches often. Do you have a certain place you buy yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy,

    Was wondering what kind of seeds do you buy. Do you buy the non-gmo or hybrid, heirlooms? I would like to start on buying some myself but would like the kind that I can save the seeds from one crop and use them the next year. Also interested in the types of essential oils that you use and for what type of ailment. Love reading your blog. God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy I have got to be the most confusomg friend ever!!I changed my mind and will be using this username to comment instead of free spirit and wanted to let you know I will be regularly updating my blogspot blog so you can read as well as several others who have trouble with my xanga blog. If you lost the address to it just send me a quick email. Its the one I sent you and inviataion to a while back

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the quote at the end!!! And wow almost 60 pounds now!! Amazing! I bet you feel better and look so good!
    I decided I need to take more time to read Gods word...seems so much else can take priority to the point that there is just no time left:( And we need Gods word to guide our emotional selves through the hard times!! What are we thinking by not making time for Gods word?? What a disservice we do ourselves!
    I love reading about your daily life. Such cute little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been enjoying all the seed catalogs that have been arriving at my house! I haven't started any lists on paper yet, but I've been doing a lot of dreaming about what I'll do this year in my gardens! And congrats on the 58 lb weight loss! That's awesome! I bet you feel great!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy