Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sunshine after the Rain!

After numerous days of rain, we were all thrilled to have a bit of sunshine to enjoy (actually, it's a lot of sunshine....the sky is a beautiful blue and the sun is high in the sky!). First, though, we had to get some schoolwork done...




Snacks are always good while doing schoolwork. One of our favorites is popcorn, popped on the stove!


After lunch, though, we just couldn't wait any longer. Those sun-rays were calling our names! So despite the chill in the air...we all put on our coats/sweatshirts and shoes and went out to enjoy the day!









Last Sunday evening, we attended a Christmas supper with our church. We had such a nice time of fellowship. We have grown to love these people over the past 9 months. Such a God-loving, God-fearing people...loving, caring, considerate....it is such a blessing to be where we are, truly!

You may have noticed this photo (below) in my new header (which I am not overly in love with....but it will do for now. I may make a new one someday...but it's nice to have a change there!)...


Aren't the centerpieces pretty?


Madelyn, Xavier and Jaxson had such a nice time too! (It's funny...as I type in my children's names, they all come up fine except Jax's. Blogger (or maybe it's my computer settings)continually informs me that Jaxson is not spelled correctly! Ha! It shows that X and Madelyn are fine...but insists that Jaxson is spelled wrong. Machines aren't perfect! :o)




As promised, I will announce the winner of my giveaway (in celebration of losing 50 lbs....although now I am down 52 lbs!!) here. She has already been contacted and responded and the *she* I am speaking of is Jamie from Homesteading for Heaven! :) Congratulations Jamie! Thanks so much to everyone who joined in the fun!

Hope you are enjoying your day (and the week!)!

Every morning has a new beginning, a new blessing, a new hope. It's a perfect day because it's God's gift. Have a blessed, hopeful, perfect day to begin with. 
~Unknown

♥ In loving kindness, 
   Katy

6 comments:

  1. I love your new heading :) And you family is growing nicely. Praise God you are raising them in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your heading looks quite nice. I just love the layout of your blog and the music is so precious. God is so good! He performs miracles right before our eyes. Praise God that there are other families out there raising their children to be "Children of God".
    Have a great day!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for her!
    I like the new header!
    52! great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your new header! Great job!
    Love to you and yours!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new header, too! I'm still trying to figure out how to get a background and such on my blog. Your background is sooo pretty!
    Blessings!! Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I noticed your header! Beautiful in mt opinion. 52 pounds???? Wow that is amazing Katy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy