Friday, December 21, 2012

A Little Baking, Working and Playing...

Yesterday, Madelyn and Jaxson made edible Christmas wreaths...





My van has been having *all* kinds of problems (praying God will provide another vehicle sometime soon!). We finally got in that new tire (after the last one went flat). X got to help put it on...




We have gotten a little bit of snow (although they are forecasting a lot more in our future...but I'm not sure it will actually happen...we'll see though!). The boys put on their coon caps and ran out to play...



Then it was in*doors for some warm vanilla cappuccino...


I'm planning on making some sausage gravy and biscuits for supper tonight. Of course, I will not be enjoying that delicious meal...but I'll find some other (healthier) delicious meal for myself! :o)

And even though I am tremendously grateful for the chance to educate my children at home...I must admit, I am so thankful for this bit of a break during this Christmas season. I think we (the children and myself) all needed a break!

The weekend looks to be busy as well as the whole week ahead for us. I am sure it is for each of you as well. Although I am still wary about celebrating Christ-Mass when it's all centered around a pagan holiday (we didn't put a tree up this year or last)...I will celebrate Christ just as I do everyday. I am continually thankful for Him. His birth, life, death and resurrection. :)

So I pray you celebrate and live with a thankful heart toward Christ each and every day...for there is no other way to God than through His beloved Son. He is the reason we can have eternal life...through nothing of our own doing (We would be hopeless without Him!). I hope worship and praise is constantly on your lips...through these days and *every* day of the year! :)


♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

3 comments:

  1. Amen! We need to speak kindness and love and walk with a spirit of the Lord each and every day. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful and safe New Year Katy!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,

    I just wanted to stop by and wish you and your beautiful family a Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are on the right track in not putting up a Christmas tree. Many of the symbols of traditional religious holidays, evergreen trees, Easter eggs, rabbits, etc., apparently come from pagan traditions, which God says not to imitate (Deuteronomy 12:29-32). But we should certainly be grateful to God for the gift of His Son, not just at this time of the year, but always, as I am sure you are.

    One of the problems with Christmas and Easter is that they serve as substitutes for the annual holy days and festivals God commands in the Bible, days which have deep meaning for Christians, but the big churches today do not keep. I am talking about days like Passover (representing the sacrifice and shed blood of Christ), Pentecost (representing the gift of the Holy Spirit), Trumpets (representing the future second coming of Christ to the earth), and four other festivals God commands.

    There is an article on the Internet someplace. The name is something like the "meaning of Pentecost" or the secret of Pentecost (you can probably find it with Google if you are interested), but it goes into more detail about the Christian meaning of all seven annual holy days and festivals God commanded. This website also says that there is a punishment soon to come on the United States, the U.K., and Canada that will wipe out about ninety percent or more of our people with disease, famine, and war, and this punishment will come, not just because of obvious sins like abortion, but also because we are not keeping the annual holy days God commands and instead practice our human traditions (Matthew 15:6-9).

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy