Sunday, December 30, 2012

**A Haven**

“The career of motherhood and homemaking is beyond value and needs no justification. Its importance is incalculable.” 
~ Katherine Short

“I believe that a godly home is a foretaste of heaven. Our homes, imperfect as they are, must be a haven from the chaos outside. They should be a reflection of our eternal home, where troubled souls find peace, weary hearts find rest, hungry bodies find refreshment, lonely pilgrims find communion, and wounded spirits find compassion.” 
~ Jani Ortlund


I decided to do a little bit of rearranging...I cleaned off one of my book shelves and moved some things around. I enjoy trying to find different ways to make my home simple, cozy, peaceful and pleasing to the eyes. :)




 Outside, in the wee hours, I took this photo (below) of our snow (before heading to spin class)...we have an abundance of it. We are grateful for family members who have plowed out our driveway after a couple snow storms!


To stay warm, we have been keeping busy with activities *in*side...




Home is the nicest word there is.
~Laura Ingalls Wilder

I just can't say it any better than Laura! Home truly is the nicest word! 


♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

16 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say that I enjoy dropping in on your blog from time to time. Your home is a wonderfully sweet place to visit. Thank you for opening it to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with with Laura..be it ever so humble! Thanks for sharing your home with us....blessings friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love HOME--there is no place like it! I always enjoy viewing your cozy home and your children.
    Love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bread looks wonderful! Do you have the recipe somewhere on your blog? I've been looking for a healthier homemade bread recipe. Do you know the nutritional numbers, calories and such?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,
    Is that a new table next to your chair? It looks old? I love it:). Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The joy of being at home...creating a haven for our loved ones and also for ourselves, should be our most fervent goal. Thank you for sharing your home with me ... mb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Katy, Happy New Year! You all look so cozy and you are so right HOME is my favorite place also.
    It feels good to get things back in order after the holidays.
    It is so nice to see your snow, we need moisture so bad.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely!

    Have a wonderful New Year!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a Happy New Year!

    I really enjoy my visits to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I plan to do some planning and organizing the rest of this week and start lessons with the children again next Monday. I'm just not ready for the break to be over yet. ~smile~

    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    hoping to get a little of the white stuff tonight.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. TRES BONNE ANNEE 2013 !

    BISOUS FROM FRANCE ! Marylin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quotes. We've also been enjoying snuggling in with indoor activities!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Katy! Thank you for the tour of your beautiful home - I enjoyed it so much I could almost feel the warmth and smell the candles and fresh baked bread.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am anxious to get organized and do quite a bit of purging here very soon.

    Your bread looks good! I must say I have missed seeing your baking and yumminess around your kitchen since you have been so diligent about your weight loss. (; Really proud of you though!!

    Happy New Year and many blessings in 2013 to you and yours Katy!!

    Mitzi

    P.S. Can't wait to see a post on your
    new niece or nephew. (: Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this post and your home oozes with warmth and love.
    The snow in the wee hours looks really cold though:):)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy