Monday, December 10, 2012

A Cozy, Rainy Inside-Sort of Monday

I would be nothing but what He makes me, I would have nothing but what He gives me, I would ask nothing but what He promises me, I would trust in nothing but what He has done for me, and I would desire nothing but what He has prepared for me.
~Charles Spurgeon

I truly am nothing but the woman God makes me. I am so thankful for Him and all that He is. It's truly unfathomable, isn't it ~ His greatness? And yet....He came as a servant through His Son...for the love of His people. Such mercy, such grace...may I never stop striving for excellence in His sight. I truly desire to please Him (and know that I do because He sees me through Christ...who makes me new) but there is always that bit of selfishness that is in me...ever waging a battle in my mind. It's a terrible struggle...but one that I will ultimately win one day, because of God's grace!

“The actions of the Christian—I do not claim perfection for them, but I do claim that the true Christian strives after perfection in his actions, that he seeks after it, yes, and that, as a rule, he comes nearer to it than his enemies would allow, or than even his own reflections, when he is examining himself, would permit him to believe!”
~Charles Spurgeon


Just some photos from around the house lately...



My latest knitting project (mittens for me...I am further along than this photo shows now though!)...




My Ruthie...




Jaxson's art...




Jack-the-cat all nestled in a doorway, staying dry during the rain...


A corner of the kitchen...







Remember, if you want to, enter my giveaway HERE. It ends today (Monday) at NOON so hurry! :) I'll contact the winner and announce who it was in my next blog post. :)

Thank you for visiting. I know my posts have been few and far between lately ~ things have been so busy with schooling, housework, church, deer season/helping at the meat market and *life* in general! :)

I also realize it's been quite a while since I have changed my header and it is in much need of an updating...the children have grown and changed and I have changed as well...


So when I get some extra time, I'll see what I can come up with!
I hope you all have an enjoyable Monday ahead!

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

21 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your updated header! I really love your posts. Right now I feel God trying to tell me something--he wants me to study his word. But I get all tangled up in day to day activities. What do you do in your devotional times? Is there books you read? How would you best go about learning and becoming more like God?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to just sit and read my Bible whenever I can...even if it's more than once a day! :) Soak it in! I also like to read books on theology when I can. Some days I am busier than others so I don't get to study and such as much as I would like.

      Delete
  2. Katy, I enjoy seeing your posts, the photos today are lovely. I love your dining room esp. I was thinking last week that your children have grown in the last few years I have been reading your posts. Time does move quickly! I enjoy your blog, it is always encouraging, often so much fun, and it continues to get me to "think" about my own walk with the Lord. I hope you have a wonderful blessed December. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie! It encourages *me* to know God can use me to encourage others! :)

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your rainy day, Katy! We received about 15" of snow in our part of MN over the weekend, and it's still coming down lightly this morning. I am in awe of God's creation, and I find myself looking for reasons to just hang out by a window and stare at the beauty outside today. Speaking of beauty...you're looking so gorgeous, Katy. I can clearly see God's light shining through your smile in this post. Have a blessed week, friend! ~Kelly in MN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. You are so kind!
      How's Jonny feeling? I hope better (and that no one else gets sick!) xoxo

      Delete
  4. You are looking fabulous! I know it has been hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely has been hard work but worth having my health back! :)

      Delete
  5. I love your new header! You are simply glowing, congrats on all your progress! God uses you to encourage others and it's beautiful to see that. Hope you have a blessed cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katy,

    Loved your post this morning! The header is great - - it really "pops."

    I remember last year when you and your family decided not to put up a tree or decorate for Christmas. I really understand that reasoning this time around -- that "Christmas is a state of mind (a gift), not just a day." (: I've just been thinking about that and wanted to mention it.

    Well Katy, I think you're beautiful BOTH inside and out! Have a great week my friend. (: (Hug)


    Mitzi


























    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitzi...you are always so encouraging to me, I truly appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  7. hi katy!
    i love your blog...you always seem so upbeat and positive and i like that. wish i could be more like that, but i really battle depression.
    oh well, was just wondering...what kind of dog is your sweet Ruthie??? so cute and looking at you so adoringly...she must love you as much as you love her!!! :-)
    hugs and blessings,
    kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay! :) I have moment of sadness or frustration too...I am so very far from perfect!

      Ruthie is a mutt! She is a terrier/sheltie mix. She most definitely loves me too...she'll sit outside the bathroom door and wait for me to come out! ;) If I go upstairs, she follows! She's my Ruthers! :)

      Delete
  8. Vous êtes très belle, votre régime c'est super !!! continuez ! j'adore votre maison j'en suis tombée amoureuse !!!

    bisous à tous
    Marylin de FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, you look beautiful. You are a skinny minny. :) All of your hard work has paid off. I know your family is proud of you. I love your new header. I hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~Katy~
    You look awesome, congrats on the new you, I know you have worked hard at this and I definetly give you applause for all the will power you have endured through this journety...... Many blessings to you, and your new header is beautiful, everyone is growing so fast....
    Hugs
    ~Rhonda~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love seeing your cozy home,and those beautiful window stars. You look very pretty...congratulations on your weight loss....that's a big accomplishment,and not an easy task..I know..I am so over weight at this point,but have lost weight in the past (100 lbs). I was much younger then :) Now that I am older and disabled it is so difficult...I give up...try .. over and over. I have carried extra weight for most of my life...the yo...yo effect. Anyway enough of that :) Christmas Blessings to your family Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a beautiful and cosy home...I love it..
    love your mittens, they are so pretty..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is so cozy... The kind of place I would like to sit and read or write in a journal .

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy