Thursday, November 15, 2012

Latest Knitting Project & Some Reading...


I began making myself a pair of mittens...I loved the pattern that I found (HERE) and wanted to give it a try. The circular needles I have were a smidge smaller than the ones it called for, but I tried it anyway. This was the first time I have done the magic loop method. It was hard for me to completely catch onto at first...but once I did, I found it to be a great way to knit mittens! I finished the left mitten...which I just love...but unfortunately for me, they are too small for me. They fit my Madelyn perfectly though (lucky her!)...so they will go to her. Once I am able to buy the larger circular needles and yarn that I want...I will make myself a pair too! :)


So, right now, I am just working on knitting the right mitten to go with the first one. Also in my spare time, I am doing some reading. While at a Harvest Dinner at my mom's church this past Sunday, I happened to see a book on a shelf that caught my eye. It's called Free to Stay at Home by Marilee Horton. I'm not super-far into it but so far, I think it is great! As a Christian, even though she loved her job, Marilee felt that the proper place was for her to be at home, citing Titus 2 as her biblical reason. I look forward to continue reading it!


Thank you for coming by! I would love to hear about any projects you may be working on....or books you are reading! :) Have a great Thursday!

♥ In loving kindness,
        Katy

8 comments:

  1. Hello Katy, I love homemade mittens. My Mother would make my brother and sisters(and me) all knitted mittens with the cable up the front. She would make them a little bit longer to stuff up in the coats so the snow did not get in there. Then I started making them for my children. I think there are a few pairs still floating around in the family somewhere. I love the color of yours. Not many projects here in the last month ....getting organized with my Christmas lists. Have a wonderful and very thankful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the long look of the mittens! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the mitten, looks too complicated for me, I just started a hat. It might be too big for my granddaughter though. I love reading your blog, keep up the great job on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how long the mitten is. I find that they are almost always too short and I end up with snow at my wrist. My current read is Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp.

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katy, It is a wise and useful art and craft to be able to knit. I hope you can make yourself a pair soon:)
    I have been just recovering from painting our kitchen and laundry room. My fingers were sore. But I will be sewing some aprons for gifts. I need some fresh inspiration and ideas:)
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy - The mittens are so cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! Those mittens are adorable! I love the color. Around here, in a house full of boys it's either camo or orange. I'm hoping to get some homemade laundry soap done and would love to make some whipped body butter for gifts. I just need a few minutes of down time to get it done.
    Thanks for the inspiration! (I would love to knit, I haven't felt brave enough to try my hand at that one yet)
    Have a great day!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Link exchange is nothing else however it is simply placing the other person's blog link on your page at proper place and other person will also do similar for you.
    My homepage golden virginia tobacco

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy