Thursday, November 22, 2012

~Giving Thanks~

 At all times and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.

We had an absolutely delightful Thanksgiving celebration this year. We had Thanksgiving with Chris's family this past Sunday so today, we celebrated with my family! Our feast was held at my parents' house (aka: Grammie and Pop-Pop). In attendance were my parents, my sister and family and then my family!

The children had fun playing...


The Squeezle was there too! She really enjoyed watching the parade on the tv! She was such a hoot to watch as she danced along to the music!


Here the children are, getting ready to see Grammie's horses (Boone, Cowboy and Jasper) **Notice, El is wearing the pumpkin hat I made her!**...


Parade watching...



Playing...




More parade watching (Eloise was so sweet to watch and listen to! My mom commented on how Eloise was the best parade-watcher! She Ooh'd and Ahh'd at everything! She would even say *Wow!* sometimes...it was incredibly cute!....


My better half and me....we truly are so perfect together...mmm, yes, I am *quite* thankful for *him*!


Xavier...


He helped Grammie carve the turkey!


We enjoyed a lovely lunch ~ turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, sweet corn, stuffing, cranberry sauce and pie. I didn't eat a roll, sweet potatoes, gravy or pie...and I measured out all my helpings (and brought my scale to weigh out my turkey). It's truly second nature to me now, after doing it these past 6 months, and it really helps you know how much a serving *is*. (I also went to spin class this morning so I would have some extra calories to eat today...just in case I needed them! Today was a different spin teacher than my usual instructors and boy, was she hard! It was a *great* workout though and she was just as sweet as can be!)

After lunch, Madelyn and Eloise played in the doll house for a bit...




My Christopher, watching football....




But we your people, the sheep of your pasture,
    will give thanks to you forever;
    from generation to generation we will recount your praise.
~Psalm 79:13



 And...just for fun, I thought I would show a few photos of some pretty places in my mom's home! Here is her canning cupboard. I just love seeing all the veggies in jars, sealed and stacked like this!!


In the dining room (that frame picture on the left is one I did in high school...it's a chalk drawing on velour)...


In the kitchen, I just love all the wood! That old door to the right is my mom's pantry! It's so neat!


I hope you enjoyed this little peek into our Thanksgiving celebration! My sister was there too! I bet she will post some photos too soon! I hope you will stop by and say hello!

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
~ Colossians 3:17

I praise God for Who He is and for the blessings He bestows upon us...the good and the bad ~ for all is according to His perfect will and I know that no matter what happens, He is always in control. 

The evening is winding down...we'll spend time as a family, maybe eat a little something if anyone is hungry, I'll work on knitting and we'll be heading to bed in a few hours. Tomorrow is another day and I plan on being up and at 'em early and back at spin class! When I weighed yesterday, I have now lost a total of 47 pounds...slowly inching my weigh to the 50 pound mark! After spin, we have a busy day planned which I will try and post about sometime soon! 

I hope you all enjoyed your day with loved ones. I know that not everyone who reads my blog was celebrating Thanksgiving today in it's technical way...but truly, every day we live we should be expressing an attitude of gratefulness for God's grace and goodness to us! So whether you were officially celebrating or not, I still hope you had a great day filled with thanks and love! 

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

9 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Katy! Our family really enjoys this day of the year. Everyone gathers at our house and we just love it. It's always a lot of fun! Today was warm enough to enjoy corn hole and football games outside.

    Great job on the continued weight loss! I go to spin classes on Wednesdays and Fridays with two different instructors. The lady on Wednesdays is very hard and leads an intense workout. I like both ladies, they just have different styles.

    Hope you guys have a nice weekend. Tomorrow my son and I are going deer hunting -- can't wait! (:

    Looking forward to visiting again soon! (:

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy, I have always told you how much I love your blog.. I don't know what it is except you remind me of the days when our kids were young like yours and our days were much the same. And your words in your blog are so heartfelt and See why I can reminise Your true love of God helps show me the way again,,,...not that I have ever given up but you say the right things for me. Our Thanksgiving was truly wonderful. Katie our son is 45 and our daughter is 42. They both are happily married with loving children. It was a wonderful day and this year, I got to say the blessing. I listened to many verses that you have said lately and they really touched home and I used them. My daughter loved it. She earned over and hugged me when I was finished. We are a happy family ...much like you are....my husband and I are so very grateful for all the blessings that God has bestowed on us. Enjoy you and your blog, Katy. And you look so pretty these days.

    Blessings to you and your wonderful family!

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, I was thinking how cozy I feel when I get to see my hard working hubby watch a football game. I also love seeing your Mommas hutch for her canned goods. Thats what I want for Christmas!!
    Your Thanksgiving dinner sounded like a feast filled with happy memories.
    Blessings, Roxy

    Hey I would be very careful opening that web address befor mine, I bet its really a spam or virus:( or not your typical blog) !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted that spam comment. Thank you :)
      I have been getting lots and lots *and lots* of spam comments all over my blog lately...so I had to, sadly, turn on word verification. I hate it...but I am so tired of the spam! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks like a perfect day to me.... family, food & football! Everytime I see E I think that she looks a lot like X. That is a great cabinet your mom has for her canned goods.

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family!! It looks like y'all had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An impressive post, I just gave this to a colleague who is doing a little analysis on this topic. And he is very happy and thanking me for finding it .Country House PlansBut all thanks to you for writing in such simple words. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katy this was so heart warming! What a wonderful simple day and WOW on your weightloss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy,
    LOVE the cupcake hats! So adorable!! I really need to learn to knit. I can crochet and I would love to make these for my girls.

    We are a happy little family like yours, but with three little girls. I love reading your blog and find much inspiration from it.

    Thank you for sharing. And congrats on your weight loss!

    Blessings, Jamie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy