Saturday, November 10, 2012

"Home should be...

...a happy place because all work to keep it that way. It is said that happiness is homemade, and we endeavor to make our homes happy and pleasant places for us and our children. A happy home is one centered around the teaching of the gospel, and this takes constant, careful effort by all concerned."  
~LeGrand R. Curtis


"I work for a King. He has put me in charge of his home. When He comes to see how I have managed His possessions and His children, I do not want to be found wanting. I want to do my best. Everything I have is on loan from Him. I have room and board and a job to do, but it is all for Him. Therefore I want to dress my best and do my best in all my work. I also want to be creative, for this is a sincere attempt to glorify Him and His beautiful creation. How I manage my home is a form of worship to Him."  
~Lydia Sherman

Some home-making and home-keeping...

Some of my latest knitting finishes...


My good friend, Kelly, had made me a hanging dishtowel. I loved it so much I found the pattern online and made one (plus crocheted two dishcloths) for my mom's birthday (yesterday)...


Some other knitting projects I am in the middle of...


Madelyn made these fantastic roses out of red duct tape! Aren't they neat?


The boys worked hard on building some wooden car kits that Grammie got them...


Fresh fruit from Grammie *yum*!


I have been asked previously (I don't remember exactly when) about any books I recommend that have to do with homemaking/cleaning/organizing/homesteading. So here are most of the books I would suggest...


A closer look (rather than listing them all out)...



Xavier...doesn't he look so handsome in his hat?


X wanted his picture taken with me...so here we are! ;)


I am up early (as usual) and I can here it gently raining outside. I think since it is Saturday...I'm going to head back up to bed and snuggle with my beloved for a while. Most Saturday mornings we move slower than all the other days...I love that. :)

Hoping your weekend is enjoyed to the fullest! Thanks for visiting!

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed our early morning visit. Now I'm off to get ready for visit to the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy a slow Saturday. After running a few errands this morning I am back home and ready for a restful, puttering kind of day. Enjoy your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy.Your dishcloths are really pretty.
    A dear friend that has since passed made me a couple of these and they are really nice.
    I wonder if you have tried the new orange clove products from Mrs.Meyers?
    I just ordered some.I ordered a couple candles also.Love that scent.
    Have a great week-end Katy.God bless your beautiful family.
    You look fantastic by the way.Blessings,Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Backyard Homestead and have also ready the Tightwad Gazettes. Great book collection. Like you I have been knitting and crocheting up a storm. I love to see your latest projects. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy,

    I CAN NOT STOP reading (or watching) from the links you posted on Wednesday!! (:

    I'm at a loss for words...to say that I'm humbled and thankful is an understatement. I'm a little nervous, but can't wait to share....

    Bless you Katy! ((hugs))

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it glorious?? It's like you just *hunger* for it as you see more and more of the truth, right? I completely know how you feel! It is truly beautiful to know you are blessed and growing!

      xo
      Katy

      Delete
    2. EXACTLY!! (:

      AND you want (pray for) this blessing on others because it is so glorious!

      Have a great week Katy. Thanks for everything!
      ((another BIG hug)) (;

      Mitzi

      Delete
  6. My daughter likes to make the tape roses also. A friend of mine makes flowers from tissue paper, they are so real looking and very nice.

    Have a good day!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful hat..love your knitting projects..
    I am curently knitting hats for donation..
    have a lovely day..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy