Monday, November 19, 2012

In Our Spare Time...


Lately, some things that have been keeping me and my three (affectionately known) stooges busy (when not working on school work or chores) are...

Early morning roll baking...


Snuggling a new cousin...


Reading...

 
Lego building...



 Mask-making (although Xavier made this during his art class at our homeschool co-op!)...


...And knitting! Madelyn is modeling the mittens I recently finished knitting for her! I plan on making myself a pair pretty soon as well! She loves them and I know they will keep her hands toasty-warm on some of our upcoming super-cold winter days! 


I am terribly exhausted this evening. My day started out at spin class (as usual...goodness, it's so addicting! I started attending the class 7 times per week...once every day!). Then I came home and got everyone ready to head to our homeschool co-op day (that's in the next town over). I am part of the "set up" crew who gets things ready in the morning, so we have to be there early. After spending the whole day (until mid afternoon) there...the children and I made a quick stop and Walmart (although it is truly one of my least favorite places to shop!) and then made the journey home. It truly made for a long day and we were all utterly exhausted when we got home. After doing a little straightening up, getting my clothes off the line outside, and checking my email...I plopped down in a chair in the living room to finish knitting Madelyn's mittens. Now, here I sit....trying to keep my eyes open. It's much-too-early to go to bed yet...but oh how I desire to drift off to dreamland!

The rest of the week holds lots of busyness of it's own...journeys to make, schooling to do, baking to bake, errands to run, and Thanksgiving festivities to prepare for/enjoy! I hope you'll forgive my absence from posting until I have time next! Hopefully it will be sometime this week...but I make no guarantees! :)

So, let me take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving. We truly have so much to thank God for (every day)! My heart has been pondering Psalm 118:1 lately:


Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    for his steadfast love endures forever!


And I like how Spurgeon puts it in one of his sermons:

"But how shall we give crowning thanksgiving for this crowning mercy of the year? We can do it, dear friends, by the inward emotions of gratitude. Let our hearts be warmed; let our spirits remember, meditate, and think upon this goodness of the Lord. Meditation upon this mercy may tend to nourish in you the tenderest feelings of affection, and your souls will be knit to the Father of spirits, who pitieth his children. Again, praise him with your lips; let psalms and hymns employ your tongues to-day: and to-morrow, when we meet together at the prayer-meeting, let us turn it rather into a praise-meeting, and let us laud and magnify his name from whose bounty all this goodness flows. But I think, also, we should thank him by our gifts."

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you each are well and enjoy the rest of the week with your loved ones! :)

♥ In loving kindness,
   Katy

3 comments:

  1. Maddie's gloves look wonderfully warm and adorable too!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Kati!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey...,,, the children have grown.
    Wonderful mittens!
    The Lord be praised for His goodness!
    I hope you and your family have a truly Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! Yes, we all have so much to be thankful for. I say that each day my husband and I are able to get out of bed, have a roof over our heads, food to eat, and are warm is a great day. I have to add too that with both of us being disabled, we are thankful that we are still in our home and able to take care of ourselves. We are also thankful for family and frieds that make that possible.
    Love you!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy