Monday, June 15, 2009

Our New Desk!

So...here's the story about our new desk....it is a Better Homes and Gardens desk from Walmart. Normally...they are almost 160 dollars! Although I liked the look of it...I couldn't see myself paying that much for it. Well...while at Walmart last week....they have a lil area where furniture items are marked down...low and behold...there is the box with the desk I like!!! AND....it was only 40 dollars!!!! I kid you not! Like, 75% off!!!! I was so thrilled!!!

So....last week, Chris put the desk together for me. Didn't he do a beautiful job? It's very heavy and solid! Of course, I typically like old fashioned "real" desks that don't come in a box...but I loved the look of this one and it works perfectly in my bedroom! :) Chris even did all the wiring for me when moving the computer over. I hate working with all that...it stresses me out trying to put everything in it's right place! LOL

Please excuse my bedroom floors....it is still the plywood. We improve our home as time and money allows. Since it is a floor that works....it has kinda become a non priority! LOL It has taken a beating...as you can see....but it still works! :)
AND...exciting news...Chris has finished the siding on the one side of our home!!! YIPPEE!!! It looks sooo good! I am thrilled! One more side to go!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! :) (Can you tell I get excited over little things? hehe).

And before I go...an update on Jaxson's ear. He has taken his meds from the dr. and the swelling has gone down. After the swelling went down..we could see a place where he had been bit. I think it was a spider bite. The culture the dr. took came back and it was negative for any infection or anything...so that is good! So...he is all better now and his ear looks just fine! :) I am so glad it never hurt him! :) Thank you so much for asking about him!

Thank you for coming by to visit. I truly appreciate it and love reading each comment! I hope you all have a beautiful Monday!


25 comments:

  1. That is an awesome desk and a REAL BARGAIN for what you paid!!! Glad Jaxson's ear is better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the desk!! cuter than i was expecting! i didn't realize it had that Country Look....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy~This has to be the bargain of the year!!!
    I love coming upon stuff like that!
    I get excited about the little things too...it makes life so much happier!
    Glad to hear Jaxson is feeling so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new desk. Every thing looks so neat and clean. You should see my computer area and desk! I need to do some major throwing away. Glad to hear your son is better and I know you are excited to have more of your siding finished. Your house is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so lucky! It's about time you got new one. LOL I love it. Enjoy it. Watch out for your kids. My girls love our desk & they would trash it & I had to re-organized it all over again. Glad that Chris is done with siding!! Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a grerat looking desk! Doesn't look at all like it came out of a box!!

    XXDenise

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the desk..what a deal!
    Glad you son is better too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new desk! And at such a bargain! Woo! Glad to hear Jaxson's ear is better! It sure is scary when stuff like that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Jaxson is ok. I love the new desk it looks great. I know what you mean about doing things in time.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful bargain! It's always such a treasure to find something you really like at such a good price. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great deal on the desk!! It is so cottage-y cute!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  12. great find and how nice to get it one sale--that's a keeper for sure. hope you have a nice daya today. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look! Great desk!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love a sale! The desk looks lovely..glad your little guy is better :) *blessings*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that desk!!! I wonder if my walmart has it, I've never seen it. Might have to make another trip into Walmart tonight. ; ) And what a bargin! Well it is true, good things come to those who wait!
    I'm soo happy for you.

    sonya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a find. Love the desk and you can't beat the price!

    Glad that Jaxson didn't feel any pain and that his ear is better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Steal of a deal..looks great!!!!!

    Glad Jaxson's ear is doing well.

    TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great bargain! I love it. I need one like yours, totally country look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the desk! And you can't beat that price!!

    hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Katy! Thanks so much for stopping in to say hello on my blog recently! Isn't the blog world great? I love it that you found me through Katie's blog. I have enjoyed looking through your blog as well...what a beautiful family you have!! It is a blessing to find so many other bloggin' mommies out there.

    This desk is just divine -- I literally get all giddy inside when I find a steal like that for my home!!

    God Bless!!
    ~Bri~

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love it, its beautiful..I wish i could find bargains like that..:-)
    glad to hear Jaxsons is better..
    take care..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it when Walmart marks things down, that's how I got my black hutch, for $40 too, 75% off like your desk! I've seen plywood stenciled like real wood floors and then stained, you couldn't tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The new desk looks great! What a deal! I love it when this happens.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy