Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Getting old is a fascinating thing...."

....The older you get, the older you want to get."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson


I don't know about you....but although at times I miss being young...mostly I love growing older. I love the wisdom that comes with age. I love the relationship that has grown in my heart with our Creator. I love being able to experience life as an adult....and I love growing older with my husband. We will celebrate 9 years of marriage in September. Considering I will just be turning 28 in August....that's like a third of my life so far! I know to some of you being almost 28 years old isn't *old*. I agree...however, each year is another year older and I am enjoying it. I don't wish away my years....but I do love the journey!


I have been keeping busy lately....of course with the normal housework and *life* in general. On top of that, I have been helping with our church's youth. I enjoy teaching the jr high sunday school class each week...and then also helping with youth group whenever I am needed! I am also helping with a puppet show we will be performing at a local festival this summer!

:) This weekend I am heading up a youth girls' overnighter! It will be a night of pizzas (that we will make at the church), root beer floats, nail polish, and sweet girl talk and fellowship! :) I am really hoping and praying that all goes well. My heart goes out to all the teens everywhere. I just want to *fix* all the things they go through. I want to convince them how life truly isn't about being *cool* although I know it seems like it is at that age. I want them to really know how much God truly loves them and wants them to be His.

I find, at times though, that I get overwhelmed. I feel as though I lay too much on my heart and that isn't good for me to carry home and leave heavy on me. I have an important job as a wife and mother...first and foremost. I need to remember to keep praying about it and let God take those burdens. Some of the things the kids go through just breaks my heart though, ya know?

Back a couple Sundays ago....the day after my sister's wedding...my inlaws had a picnic at their pavillion back behind their meat market. The picture at the top of the post is my husband's uncle...riding Matt and Malachi...their horses. My kids and my nephews enjoyed many rides that evening! Jaxson kept riding and riding....hehe!

Everyone enjoyed good food and homemade icecream too! YUM! They have picnics there often and we all enjoy the food and fellowship! The kids, especially, enjoy it and I am sure it is making wonderful memories for them! :)

It's been raining here the past few days. Although sometimes I feel cozy in my home on rainy days...I must admit...sometimes they just make me plain tired! Do you ever feel that way? By the afternoon, I feel like I need a nap!

A random pics of the boys laying on my bed....

My sister and Cory got home from their honeymoon in Scotland, on Sunday evening. They had a nice time...but are glad to be home! They were so exhausted. My parents, Chris, the kids and I all went to meet them at the small airport they were coming in at. We went early and got dinner there (they have a cute lil diner)....and then surprised them when they got there. We gave hugs and talked a bit...but we knew they were soo tired so then we all went home. I am so glad they are home. It was so weird not being able to pick up the phone and call Devon! We are going to their new home after church on Sunday. They live about an hour away. We are going to watch them open their wedding gifts and see the video they took in Scotland! :)

Well, I don't expect many to have gotten this far down in my post. Now that I am not posting as often...I sometimes have more to type about! I hope...if you have gotten this far...that you are having a wonderful start to this month of June!

The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.
~Author Unknown



13 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from your Katy! I know what you mean about rainy days. It was all I could do not to fall asleep late this afternoon. Of course I got sleepy after Megan's nap was over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all your posts...I haven't commented as much, but I love your posts.....
    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. L♥ve the pictures! Come on over to see my new book giveaway blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post, Katy. I have a teenage daughter and I am glad that she has Godly young women to mentor her as you are doing with your youth. No matter what your family's standards and values are, our youth today are under so much pressure from their peers, school, the media...it's so important to keep them grounded in the Lord first and foremost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way too, Katy- (although I'm way older than you!) I don't really miss my youth because I'm thankful for who I've become and how far God has brought me from the person I used to be.
    Love the pictures of the horses, I'll have to show that to Hubby- they look like his horse he had when he was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't miss my youth, but I'm having a hard time with this birthday coming up, read all about it on my blog and join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your post today Katy!!Especially the part about the youth group.I think it`s wonderful that your getting involved in these girls lives!! I know it must be difficult at times,but God never gives us more than we can bear.I`ll keep you in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Katy,

    I have never comment on your blog before. Your thoughts today inspire me to comment.

    I have a daughter that is 16 now, Her youth went by so fast, I pray to do my best in this stage of her life before My Mothering must change with her. I love watching her grow but feel torn with all she is going through.I feel like I could never pray enough for her.

    When I look at your daughter, I just love that precious smile of hers. I have two sons too ( mine are 4 and 5) and love seeing your boys brotherly love and friendship that they share.

    I am blessed to know that women like you are working with the youth and praying for there thoughts, needs and trails. The heaviness in your heart is so understandable and may it all find rest as you pray for them.

    When I was 27 I was going on my 9 year anniversary too. God bless you, your marriage and your walk together as you raise your beautiful children and grow old together.

    I love all your posts. You are a very original person and God made you super special. Have a great day Katy. Smiles, Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,

    You're just a young chic! :) It's encouraging to see young women like yourself that are so dedicated to God and their families! Sometimes the body getting old isn't as fun, but the wisdom is worth it! :) I'm thankful for each day I have been given too!

    I enjoyed all the pictures of your sweet kids!

    And the honeymoon to Scotland they had...wow! I bet it was beautiful!

    Have a great weekend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So great that you help out with the youth in your church. :) I bet you are a fun leader.

    Your picnic looks fun too. I hope the sun is shining where you are today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi KatyBear.
    I can totally relate to wanting to fix everything..people's troubles and heartache and whatever else. You are very sweet and considerate. I love that about you. :) Hope everything goes well this weekend with the overnighter.
    Cute pics of the kiddos. Man some homemade icecream...yumyum!! I often think to myself 'I wonder if Katelin will remember these times..' I of course do want her to remember the cute and simple things we do this summer.
    Glad your sis and new bro in law got home safely.
    Well it's 1127 here so I should be going to bed now. (I'm taking 5 classes this summer and I stay up late catching up on work I didn't get done during the day.)
    Nighty Night

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a delightfully busy time....
    you are so sweet--growing old sure beats the alternative--seriously, I don't mind this aging thing. I've never been a vain person so all the little crow's feet and grey hairs are just fine with me. Besides there are so many wonderful memories and you don't have them alone. There is always someone to share them with.
    Have a wonderful week, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your post. So glad that the honeymooners had such a good time in Scotland. It is lovely country, I hear. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy