Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Beautiful Mother's Day!

I had a nice mother's day....except that Chris had to stay home from church to dig up our sewer line. We don't work on Sundays but on our way to church, we found out that that was the day Chris could use the excavator....so it was then or never...and it HAD to be fixed.

Church was nice. Our church, instead of flowers or such for the moms, takes up an offering and sends it to a women's life services department...it helps women to choose life and promotes abstinence and lots more...all while teaching about the love of Jesus! :)

I had lunch with my mom and kids and other family. Again...bummer that Chris couldn't be there... :( Later that evening, after a nice nap (I felt guilty about napping while Chris was out working outside...but there was nothing I could do to help anyway...and I love having the chance to nap on a day of rest.) and then my mom came out to visit and see how the sewer line thing was coming and Chris's parents and also his brother and his wife came over. So we all talked and it was a nice time. :)

I received some beautiful gifts from my children!!!

Madelyn got me this figurine and said the woman was me and the girl was her! :) Madelyn picked it out all by herself! :) And then there is the little ornament...which you can't see it but she wrote how much she loves me on it! :o)

Jaxson, my youngest, (with some help from my mom) got me this tea light holder and some tea lights! :) He was so excited to give it to me!

And Xavier...gosh...he was keeping this secret for a LONG time....he would go to my dad's garage and "work" some days and he was working on this secret mother's day gift for me....a bird house!!! :) I think he did such a fabulous job with it! Don't you?

I swooned over each gift and truly appreciated each one. Madelyn wished she would have made me a gift too...and got upset that X did and she didn't. I had to go upstairs and talk to her and tell her how much I love the gift she got me and how I love that she picked it out and how special it is for me to have her as my daughter!

Being a mother is such a wonderful blessing and it has always been my dream. All my life I wanted to be a mommy and I am so glad to be able to say that my dreams have all come true! :) Not only am I blessed to be a mother...but I have a mother who has bent over backwards for me all her life...and still does. She goes without (and always has) so that my sister and I could have what we needed. I respect my mom as my mother...but she is more than that...she is one of my closest friends as well. Not everyone can say that and I am so blessed and grateful that I can! I have also been blessed with a wonderful mother in law. I am so thankful for the wonderful women in my life and how they have helped me to mature and learn through the years. :)

I hope you all had a wonderful mother's day as well! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! :)


7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a nice day! The gifts were all so sweet. I had a tea light holder like that once - until my nephew accidentally knocked it off a table and broke it :(

    Have a great week!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a nice bird house. I also love the angel and tea light burner. Sounds like your Mother's Day was a nice one inspite of Chris having to work.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet gifts from very sweet kids!
    Your little boy's smile is priceless showing what he made for you!

    ~blessings~
    Backwoodsprim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet thoughtful gifts. Your kids are so cute. :) Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids have such great taste! I love those presents!

    But we don't have to wonder where they get it from.. the good taste I mean.. *lol* ;)

    Greetings from the netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gifts you got! Sorry that Chris had such a "stinky" job to do on Mother's Day. Have a lovely week.! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont have children , but feel the same way about my mom as you do. Mothers are such a wonderful gift, arent they?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy