Thursday, August 18, 2016

Updated Laundry Room Pictures & X turns 13!


Amongst the busyness here as of late (see my previous post for those details) I have been homeschooling the children, keeping up with housework, painting doors and things, teaching spin and other craziness which has me feeling like a crazy woman! ;) Thus, the lack of posting this past week. Life has just been zaney...but still *good*.

God is good and as He stretches me, I am learning *much*. Although I wouldn't want to be this busy *all* the time, it's okay for now. He gives strength and energy that I don't have on my own. He has also given me great sisters in Christ who have been wonderfully helpful. :)

Although Chris has been busier than usual as well, he found time to make my shelf for above the washer and dryer! I painted it earlier today and he put it up this evening! I was so excited I had to take some pictures to share! :) It's rough and rugged looking but that is just my style! We still have to finish putting trim around the windows in the laundry room...but we'll get there eventually! ;)


Chris also finished my cleaning closet! Yippee! I just love it! The last thing to do is to hang a broom/mop holder that I have on the door. That will get those out of the way and the vacuum can fit better back in that space! On the top shelf I have room for my white vinegar (one of my favorite cleaning tools), castile soap, and bleach (which I don't use much but it's nice to have if I *do* need it). The next shelf is for paper towels and toilet paper storage. Then below that I have my cleaning rags and such in baskets...as well as baking soda, washing soda and the like. I also keep extra tissues on a shelf as well as my cleaning caddy. On the bottom is where we keep Chris and Xavier's water jugs and lunch buckets...


I have always wanted a utility sink! This one is just fantastic! :) At some point, Chris hopes to build a bit of a counter next to it (where the step stool is). That way it will be easier to wash eggs from the chickens there and such...


Also this past week....we celebrated 13 years of life for this boy!!!


I can hardly believe I have two teenagers in the house (and in a few more years I'll have THREE teens! Wow!). I'm so thankful for my Xavier. He is such a blessing in our lives and we praise God for the thirteen years we have had with him so far!

He was working at my dad's garage on his birthday so I surprised him by ordering pizza and Jaxson and I made him a cake...


Remember this sweet kitty that I talked about HERE? Well, sadly, she went back home this past Monday. Her family was glad to have her back but I miss her sweetness!


She slept in some of the cutest positions...


And a *just because* sort of photo of my Stella-Cat...


It's getting late...and I really should head to bed. Today has been a bit more relaxed for me, which was nice. We schooled in the morning, did chores and a bit of relaxing in the afternoon and then I taught a spin class this evening. Another day begins tomorrow, Lord willing, and I look forward to it!

I hope your week has been going well! I hope you'll visit me here again soon!

Joyfully,
Katy

Linked up at: Strangers & Pilgrims

8 comments:

  1. Good to read a post from you, Katy! Love your new laundry room! Ian turns 13 in two weeks. It's hard to believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, Your laundry room and your closet will be a great blessing. Yup the kiddos get bog so quick. And yes you are right we do get stretched in these busy times and when a trial comes, but as you said we learn and grow!
    You have inspired me today...
    Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful that all these projects have been coming together in your home, Katy. I *love* having a laundry sink....don't know what I did without one! And, your cleaning closet is just perfect...what a blessing. I use a lot of vinegar, too. :) Happy 13th birthday to your young man! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the laundry room. You have really made me realize that I need to organize more and get some of the little stuff figured out. I am thankful for that. I will post some more photos soon of the work that I have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to believe that X is 13! When I started reading your blog I don't think he at even stated school yet. Wow, time flies! Your laundry room is coming together nicely. The closet is great as you can never have enough storage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your laundry room is bright and cheerful. And the area for both shelving and broom/mop storage is very creative. Great use of space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. What a nice room! Looks like a smiling happy boy! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katy, I always tell my husband, you have NO idea what one shelf can do for the homemaker!!! It makes me want to do backflips and cartwheels! And I get so excited when he puts one up for me too :) Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims on Earth!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy