Friday, August 26, 2016

Thrifting Finds, My Birthday, & Home


I had to run some errands yesterday and I thought I would just pop into Goodwill and browse for a few minutes while I was out and about! I am so glad I did! I found some great items! The first thing is this neat, old-fashioned bingo wheel with wooden bingo balls in it! It screamed *great decoration piece* at me and I had to pick it up for just a few dollars!


I also found this great storage box, sturdy basket and some organizing things...


My sister, her girls, my mom and my aunt all came to visit on my birthday (a couple days ago). I forgot to get my camera out (until later in the day and I took a picture of these great, fun balloons my aunt brought me)...


We had a nice time visiting and the children played. My mom is still healing after her accident and it was so nice to have her here to chat with us! :) I got some fun gifts...sloth earrings, books I had wanted and cloth napkins. Chris came home after work and took me out for a salad for my birthday as well. We don't eat out so it was a fun treat! :)


Supper last night was fresh, delicious sweet corn...


A beautiful print of scripture I need to put in a frame...


The days have been busy, busy lately. I enjoy when I have times of slow, quiet rest in between...


I do not mean to wish time away at all...but I must admit that I already have fall scented candles burning in my home! :) It's suppose to be nearing 90* these next few days though and it's definitely not going to *feel* like fall yet...but I long for the cooler (less humid) days! I love sweater weather! Quilts, pumpkins, leaves, apples, cider, and that wood-burning scent in the air...Mmm...just a few of the reasons I love autumn!

For now though, we're going to try to stay cool while getting things accomplished! Sometimes I feel overwhelmed at all that must get done and then I sit back, thank the Lord that He is stretching me and strive to do all that I can for His glory.

I hope your weekend is God-glorifying and enjoyable!
Thank you for visiting me here!
Warmly,
Katy

Linked up at: Make it Pretty Monday

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY.... may your day be filled with happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did find some amazing finds! Happy Birthday! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means so much! Feel free to share this post at my Make it Pretty party which is currently live. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/08/make-pretty-monday-week-189.html Have a beautiful weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Great haul, indeed. I too, have been lighting the Fall candles. I could not resist looking at all those pumpkiny-like names on the jars and tarts and not making the house smell like them! I have no patience when it comes to Autumn.
    Have a great birthday week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!
    Glad your Mom is on the mend!
    Hope al your dreams come true :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy