Tuesday, August 23, 2016

An Organized Cleaning Closet



The cleaning closet is finished! After all these years of dreaming of a nice, tidy, organized place for my cleaning supplies, I can rejoice because it is finally here! :) I showed a picture of it in my previous post but now we have the broom/mop hanger on the door as well to finish it off! Plus, these pictures are a bit brighter and show into the closet a little better! :)


Chris has been so amazing these past 8 months. He (with our brother-in-law)finished the addition (making the new living room, mud room and laundry room), ran new pipes for the washing machine (that were underground and a pain!), rebuilt the outside door to the cellar, made shelves for me and my cleaning closet...and has put the new door knobs on the doors (as well as much more that I am forgetting!)...


I am just so, so thankful for such a handy, talented husband. I seriously think he can do just about anything he puts his mind to. He has saved us so much money by doing things himself. He is *such* a blessing to me! We still have some more to do...such as finish the laundry room closet (for coats and shoes) and things...but seeing his momentum to get things done encourages me that it will happen soon! It's such a great feeling! :) We need to start preparing for winter and colder weather too. This means splitting, chopping and stacking wood. Time to fill the wood shed! :)

Today is a beautiful day....sunshine and clear skies. I am thankful for it, truly! We got the rain we really needed a few days ago and now the Lord is blessing us with these beautiful days! Tomorrow is my birthday and I think my sister and her girls are coming over to spend the afternoon with us! Yay! I'm looking forward to it!

The days are still really busy lately...with homeschooling, teaching spin/exercising, housework, checking on my mom (thank you for your thoughts and prayers for her), and such...but the Lord is really teaching me how to get out of my comfort zone...and that it's *okay*! I've been reading scripture and some other books and have learned and been convicted of much lately too...I plan on sharing that in an upcoming post if time permits. Maybe you will find encouragement and conviction in what I share then as well!?

Before I go...I also wanted to share that I have just put some fall stickers in my shop...


I have also been working on transferring my bullet journal into my filofax planner! I love the dot grid set up of designing my own pages as in a bujo...but I also love the freedom to move, take out, or change things in a filofax system...so I decided to get the best of both worlds. I found dot grid paper and have started using it in my filofax! :) You can see a picture of it on my instagram HERE. I want to get it set up a bit better before posting about it though! :) I am so excited to have the best of both worlds with it!

Well, I gotta get some housework done and then teach a spin class later this afternoon. I best get movin'! I hope your day is just fantastic! Thanks for dropping by!

Cheerfully,
Katy :)

Linked up at: One Project at a Time and Strangers & Pilgrims and Make it Pretty Monday

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, Katy (yesterday)....what fun! I hope your day was special and you were spoiled. :) Your cleaning closet looks wonderful. I love a place for everything and everything in its place....such a good feeling! Happy Thursday to you. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy