Monday, November 10, 2014

The Nicest and Sweetest Days

"After all," Anne said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
~L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea



A sleepy boy with a headache...dozing on the couch...


Madelyn making banana bread...





In the schoolroom, we worked at doing some more organizing with the furniture we have....it doesn't exactly *look* pretty...but it serves its purpose and keeps that front room tidy...



“What is home? My favorite definition is "a safe place," a place where one is free from attack, a place where one experiences secure relationships and affirmation. It's a place where people share and understand each other. Its relationships are nurturing. The people in it do not need to be perfect; instead, they need to be honest, loving, supportive, recognizing a common humanity that makes all of us vulnerable.”

~Gladys Hunt, Honey for a Child's Heart: The Imaginative Use of Books in Family Life




The children had a tea party...





My mom's birthday was yesterday. We celebrated by having supper at my house. Cory, my sister and the girls all came to celebrate with us! It will probably be the last time they come for a visit for a while...since my sister is due to have her baby within the next few weeks!

Chris with our niece Dinah {who is *not* crying! Usually Uncle Chris seems scary to her...but she's warming up to him!!!}....


The weather today is suppose to be 60* and sunny! So...we are going to get *right* to schoolwork so they children can enjoy some outside play later! Have a great start to your week!

Warmly,
Katy

9 comments:

  1. Megan was the same way with my brother-in-law. Every time he would enter the room she would start to cry. I know he didn't find it funny, but we all had a good time teasing him. :) They are great buddies today.

    It is suppose to be a great day here also. I am looking forward putting the flower beds to rest and watching the kids run and play this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You homeschool space is very nice and organized. That's what counts. Enjoyed all these lovely pictures! Enjoy this beautiful day! It is of course going to change rather quickly this week I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, Katy, I enjoyed being here today. I love the way you've organized your school room supplies. You have beautiful pieces of furniture with which to work! Happy Birthday to your mom. I loved viewing the pictures of your home...always relaxing. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures of a lovely home! I love when I see a photo of someone else's bookshelves and see lots of the same books I own - I know I have found a kindred spirit! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Katy, Old man winter blew into our place today! Shocking in many ways to my system. I hope you continue to enjoy your homeschool days! I miss having my children home! All grown and it went by so fast! Thinking of you!
    Warmly :o) Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the photos, I especially love the big cupboard it looks great, thanks for sharing this at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet photos! And I love the quote of Montgomery

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely home life photos and lovely homey quotes! Thanks for sharing the sweet things of life on the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed visiting your home, Katy. It all looks warm and inviting. Ah...tea parties...aren't they the best? Your quotes are lovely...*Anne* is one of my all-time favourites. I recognize those music books....we have some just like it here. Hugs to you! Camille

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy