Monday, November 17, 2014

Fall Turns to Winter

A little bit from this past week....


Xavier raked leaves while Lee-the-Cat watched...


And then got a belly rub ;)...


I keep hanging clothes on the lines until the air is just too cold to bear...


 Our woodshed is full of hard wood to burn through the winter. We still have a lot more to split and stack, though, if we need it...



My cookbooks needed a home. They were in a basket (which didn't fit them all well). I was wonderfully excited to find this little stand at a local store...


It was *just* what I was looking for!



Jaxson has been into drawing hats, making hats and having a bit of an obsession with the mad hatter from Alice in Wonderland (even though we haven't watched that movie recently). My mom got him a peacock feather (from where, I don't know!) and Madelyn sewed it on his hat for him. He was quite pleased...


Pancakes for supper (using the Homestead Blessings Cookbook)...





We got our first snowfall the other day....



Today, we are having rain, ice and snow (and are under a winter weather advisory). I'm thinking they may cancel our homeschool co-op. So disappointing, but necessary as many people travel pretty significant distances to get to the co-op. We enjoy our day and the fellowship with other Christian, homeschooling families...but it is better to be safe than sorry. If co-op is cancelled today, we will do a normal school day here at home. The children will be really disappointed...but I must admit, there *is* something cozy about staying home and staying warm.

I have finished a great book that I hope to share with you soon. It is absolutely chock full of great wisdom! I am so thankful for how the Lord grows me and teaches me through the wisdom of other Godly men and women.

Until next time, Lord willing, I pray you are staying warm (and safe) wherever you are! Thank-you for dropping in!

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. We had our first accumulating snowfall yesterday. A little early for me, but it is beautiful. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, I enjoyed my visit here with you in your cozy home. I'm so happy for you finding the perfect stand you needed for your cookbooks! I loved seeing Jaxon's hat! It reminds me of our grandson when he was Jaxon's age. Who needs toys when one has paper, scissors and tape? When Josh would come to stay with us I would make sure there was PLENTY of all three around for him! I love seeing kids being creative! I really like your collage header...it speaks so well of who you are and what your blog is about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I have been away for awhile and am amazed at how the children have grown. I also find that I have been missing reading your posts. They always cheer my day and calm my soul. I pray that someday the Lord brings my life into such a way as this. God's blessings...Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had our first snow yesterday! Your pictures are so warm and cozy looking. Of course the inside ones. ;)
    That shelf for your cookbooks looks perfect! I think I should find me something of that nature. I just pulled everything out of my kitchen so we could get it painted. Long overdue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home always looks so warm and cozy! Your blog is very inspiring to me. I have struggled with wanting to homeschool for the last year and a half. My two young children (kindergarten and 2nd grade) are currently in public school. We live in a nice little town with a nice school but I see so many benefits to homeschooling and love that your blog really highlights them. Not sure if we will end up making the change or not but am thankful I am able to stay home and that we have the choice.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy