Madelyn was *very* excited to receive a package in the mail the other day! It was from Roxy from Living From Glory to Glory. It was quite a fun surprise to get a gift and when Madelyn opened it, she found, to her delight her very own apron!! Roxy, seeing the photos of Madelyn cooking and baking on my blog, made this specially for her! Isn't that so special? (She also included a small, thoughtful gift for me!) Thank you, Roxy, for bringing such joy to my girl! She put it right on and headed straight to the kitchen to start baking! :)
I also have a fun recipe to share (although I forgot to take a picture of the dip in my spatterware for a fun presentation photo....so all you have is this photo of the dip all mixed up!). I made this to take to our Thanksgiving meal with Chris's side of the family. You can find the recipe HERE as well.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
* 1 (8oz) pkg Neufchatel cream cheese
* 3/4 c. powdered sugar
* 1 c. pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
* 1 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
* 1 (8oz) tub cool whip
1. With a handheld mixer and large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until smooth.
2. Mix in the pumpkin puree and pie spice.
3. Beat in the cool whip until thoroughly mixed and the beaters leave ripples in the dip.
4. Optional: Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
5. Serve with apples, pretzels, vanilla wafers or your favorite dippers!
This dip tastes *just* like pumpkin pie and is quite delicious. I am hoping to find a lower sugar, lower calorie recipe for it though. I know I could use the lighter cool whip....but I am not sure how to change up the powdered sugar to a Truvia or stevia substitute?
Let me know if you give it a try and what you think! Also, if you have a healthier alternative, I would *love* it if you would share it with me!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your week is quite enjoyable!