Tuesday, November 4, 2014

"I have come to regard November...



...as the older, harder man's October. I appreciate the early darkness and cooler temperatures. It puts my mind in a different place than October. It is a month for a quieter, slightly more subdued celebration of summer's death as winter tightens its grip."

~Henry Rollins


As November comes tip-toeing in...when we hardly blink and realize that the whole month of October has seemed to come and go in an instant...we continue on with the life the Lord has given us to live...striving for His glory in all things.

Our days are filled with our homeschool work, housework, games, movies, reading and playing. I watch a young boy three times a week for most of the day during this school year...so that along with our fall busyness keeps us hoppin'!

I love the photos directly above and below here. Just one of the *many* reasons we love to homeschool: reading in jammies and a top hat, sprawled out on the floor! To be honest, I almost didn't think twice about the fact that Jaxson was wearing a top hat and jammies and reading on the floor...this type of thing is truly commonplace for us! It hit me that others who *don't* homeschool may get a kick out of what it can really look like in action! I know that one day, Lord willing, my children will be grown and I will miss the days of top hats, jammies and reading under the table!


Some more schooling....atop the dining room table (rather than under it!)...



Madelyn likes to keep busy with her knitting, cross stitch and a little baking too!



X finishing up some schoolwork while Jaxson practices his guitar...



After waiting just as long as we could (the house was getting much-too-cold to bear), we finally started the wood stove. Now the inside of our home is warm and delightfully cozy!


My mother had gone north, many hours away to help her elderly aunt for the weekend. The children mucked out her horse stalls on Saturday...






Some of my mom's chickens...


Boone, Cowboy and Jasper...


Since the evening sets in so much sooner, it limits outdoor play. Playing games together is a fun way to spend that time after supper, before bed...




“November comes

And November goes,
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.



With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket
And frost by the gate.



The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest
Until next spring.”


~Clyde Watson

Thank-you for dropping by! I hope the start to your month of November is going well. Today will be a busy day of schooling, voting, housework, babysitting, and hopefully, visiting with my sister and her girls (it may be their last visit before the new baby arrives!). What are *you* doing today?

Grace and Peace to each of you!
Warmly,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this post so much! I don't (didn't) homeschool but wished I had. I like to think this is the environment that would have been around my home too! I love November. So glad that October has moved on. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy