Thursday, November 6, 2014

Handmade Creations...

We don't *do* Halloween...and my sister doesn't really either *but* she loves to create costumes for the girls. She is so good at it too! They came for a visit on Tuesday and when these two walked up to our door, I was blown away!!!

My sister sewed/handmade these fantastic Care Bears costumes for Eloise and Dinah!


I just {still} can't get over how absolutely awesome these costumes are! I ooo'd and ahh'd for so long after they came! Even now, as I look at the photos again I am just amazed at the work Devon put into these! 







Unfortunately, the girls got hot *very* quickly in them so they changed out of them not long after arriving at our house. You can see other photos of them on my sister's blog HERE.

There is something so special about handmade things...isn't there? I know, one day, the girls will look back and just love seeing the time and energy their mama put into these costumes and will reminisce about it all!

I just knew I had to share these photos with you....I hope they made you smile like I did! :)

Kindly,
Katy

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job sister! Those are such cute costumes! I love the Care Bears. I watched their shows when I was a kid and wanted to have all the stuffed animals. I was a Care Bear for Halloween one year, but it was a store costume that was a one piece plastic suit. It came with a plastic mask held onto your face with a thin string of elastic around the back of the head. They do not make costumes like those anymore.

    Costumes are fun for kids, and not just for Halloween. Girls especially love dressing up, they don't all want to be Disney princesses! ;)
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What talent your sister has. These are simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! What a great job your sister did on those cute costumes, Katy! I would imagine they would get very hot. They won't need snow suits this winter. Hugs, Camille

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy