Friday, December 13, 2013

.::Learning::.


Designing and writing thank you notes...


Full school days (this is Xavier's planner)...


Banjo playing...


I am so excited! I have wanted these DVD sets for a long time since seeing them on Vision Forum. They are having a liquidation sale and I was able to finally afford and purchase these sets! These will be wonderfully useful with our home education! I snatched them up before they were gone! I am not sure if they are still available or not!


I am also back to homemaking things all the time. I am realizing the unhealthiness of low-calorie/chemical laden foods. So now it is whole wheat, lard, coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, plain yogurt and other healthy ingredients only in this house! :) I am also looking into raw milk. Our chickens have gone on strike during this cold weather so I am buying fresh eggs from our family's meat market. 

I have found that eating a whole foods diet helps me stay full longer. That stops me from desiring to snack all the time! :) So, now, I am praying that by eating healthy with whole foods and treating my body well (plus exercise and discipline) that I am truly honoring God and pleasing Him in my behavior...as well as preparing healthy foods for my family! Heavenly Homemakers has a lot of *great* recipes!

Since it is deer season, Chris is working at the meat market till late at night after work every day. I used to go down and wrap...but someone else has been down helping wrap the meat so I haven't needed to go down much (which is nice for me!). This, however, means I don't see my husband as much. So I have been occasionally staying home in the early mornings from spin class so that I can lay a little longer next to Chris. 

I stayed home Thursday morning but then attended a spin class later in the evening. I woke this morning with a headache so I didn't spin today. I probably won't go into a class later either. Waking up with a headache is the worst! I am thinking I need to hydrate more and that will help. I will be back at spin tomorrow morning! :) It really feels good to exercise. I haven't been out running for a while...the air is much-too-cold for that (I am not fond of the knives-going-down-your-throat feeling when breathing in ice-cold air!). 

I have been, in my spare time, busily knitting some last minute Christmas gifts and keeping up with housework. A woman's work is never done! ;) So that is what has been going on in *my* world...how about you? 

I hope your weekend is blessed and joy-filled. 
Thanks for stopping! 
Warmly,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything.
 He's not just first in the rank, 
He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

5 comments:

  1. I'm fascinated that you know how to spin. Where did you learn?

    I have 2 homemade crocheted gifts to finish and then I'll be finally done. I've wrapped about half of my gifts. Tomorrow I go to my daughter's to help her bake. Next week is full of helping with grandones and celebrating my daughter's birthday. It's a very full month but I'm so grateful that God gives the strength to do what is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I say I spin...that is a form of exercise. :) Not spinning yarn. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Katy,
    Sounds as busy in your world as it is in mine ... isn't it always that way?
    Regarding the waking up with headaches, I agree ... from my personal experience a lack of water hydration contributes to this. You mentioned that you are also switching to a whole foods diet ... a with drawl from preservatives and chemicals could also be a contributing factor. The best solution for this is also water as it is a vital element in flushing our body's filtering systems, the liver and kidneys.
    Praying you all have a very BLESSED Christmas season.
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, ust stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Katy, I also have stopped many white products, Using in baking 100 % whole wheat. I have also used oatmeal flour and you must try coconut flour.
    I have been very busy as everyone else is with the Blessed Christmas season.
    Thinking of you this afternoon! I wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
    I am so glad to have met you in our Blogging community. May you have a wonderful next Christmas week as you prepare your heart and home,
    In Christ Always, Roxy Big Hug!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy