Friday, December 20, 2013

Brown Paper Packages tied up with String...

...These are a few of my favorite things! 


Playing games with my girl...


My boys ready for church one morning (and yes, I love to dress them similar whenever I can. It's a good thing I don't have twins or triplets as I would dress them the same *all* the time. I love that they match!)...


Madelyn making cookies...


Beautiful, natural curls....


Candlelight in the evening...


Reading the Hobbit to my children....


When it's cold outside, there is nothing better than cozy-ing up under a fleece blanket and drifting off to sleep for a bit...


Drawing pictures after breakfast...


What are some of your favorite things you are enjoying this time of year?

In loving kindness,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank,
 He is everything.
 ~Paul Washer

3 comments:

  1. Sweet post, Katy!

    Some of my favorite things this time of year are:
    *waking up and walking into the living room with just the Christmas tree lit
    *climbing onto Megan's bed in the evening and listening to Chuck read that days advent
    *watching it snow (as long as I don't have to drive in it)
    *baking with my favorite girl
    *playing games together in the evening
    *snuggling on the couch with my loves watching a movie

    The boys are handsome in their matching shirts. They boys I watch are 13 mos apart and dress alike often. When I am out and about I am often asked if they are twins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog about your little family. I actually have a page open at all times with your blog on it so that I can have your playlist playing at all times. Last month my husband had open heart surgery, then a few days later he came down with pneumonia and had a lengthily hospital stay. While this happened he developed severe anxiety, so I would keep your playlist playing softly to help to relax him. :-) Just thought I would pass that little tidbit along to you. Also, I loved seeing the picture of your boys together. I actually laughed out loud seeing the little one with his "rabbit" fingers on his brothers head. :-)
    Josephine Rodrigue (dixiecajunscreations@blogspot)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie,

    As always I've enjoyed today's post. Do you wrap all your gifts in brown paper? Just curious because I DO! I actually save and re-cycle packing paper from mail ordered supplies (since we live 60+ miles from ANYWHERE we are on a 1st name basis with the UPS delivery driver - LOL). If you'd like to see a photo of our wrapping paper I've posted one under my "Making a List and Checking it Twice" post.
    Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy