Saturday, November 23, 2013

November Days



"November comes
And November goes,
With the last red berries
And the first white snows.

With night coming early,
And dawn coming late,
And ice in the bucket
And frost by the gate.

The fires burn
And the kettles sing,
And earth sinks to rest
Until next spring."

~Elizabeth Coatsworth


It's snowing here (and staying). Oh how I hope it melts soon. I don't feel ready for snow. I am trying to have a thankful heart for it...but I will admit, it's a struggle! The one beautiful thing about these cold, snowy days is that I enjoy times of feeling cozy and warm inside my house! Oil lamps and candles burn while quilts and fleece blankets are out and snuggled into each evening. The shorter days and longer nights provide time for reading and knitting.

Jaxson has his Lego Lord of the Ring figures lined up, watching him do his schoolwork...


Along with my daily reading in the Scriptures, I have continued reading my Essential Works of Charles Spurgeon book and just finished up Housewife Theologian by Aimee Byrd. I highly recommend it for women! What are you reading?


It's nearing bedtime here in my neck of the woods. Everyone is full after a supper of sausage gravy over homemade biscuits. Meatloaf is made and cooked for cold sandwiches for lunch tomorrow after church. We are looking forward to spend our Lord's day in worship of God. :) Are you?
I always love to hear from you! Thanks for coming by!

Warmly,
Katy


It's all about Jesus Christ being first....
and second and third and fourth and fifth. 
 What I'm saying is, don't put Jesus first.
 Jesus is everything. 
 He's not just first in the rank,
 He is everything. 
~Paul Washer

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful photo of your table, it would make a lovely greeting card.
    we have a turkey casserole and bread sticks for supper, with leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. I am making pizza tonight also while the oven is still warm, that will be supper for tomorrow. It saves energy to get all the baking done at one time for me. We have frigid temps tonight through tomorrow night, with single digit wind chills for tomorrow too. I am very thankful our family is home. Depending on what the Pastor decides, due to the weather, we may have church in the morning, his discretion for his flock. I am reading the Psalms through again, Ps. 6 for tonight, and working on a scarf out of old clothes a friend gifted me with, pretty colors of green, pink, sea blue,and khaki tan, sewing rose flowers rolled from strips of the fabric, along the neckline. If it turns out well, I will keep this one for myself, and gift my best friend with one for Christmas. There is plenty of fabric for several. I am enjoying your playlist while working on all these things. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. God bless your family, Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I've put these books on my Paperback Swap wish list.
    Laura
    http://www.pinterest.com/harvestlane/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little boy lines up LEGO figures to watch him do his school work too. I think it is so cute! Didn't know other little guys out there did this. :-)
    Have a wonderful Lord's day!
    Kelly, in freezing cold Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katy,

    Lovely poem - thanks for sharing. We are received our 1st "staying" snow this week and our temperatures are really beginning to drop. We are still acclimating to the season's cooler temperatures - evenings find us cuddled under quilts too!
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy