Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"Holiness is...

... the habit of being of one mind with God, according as we find His mind described in Scripture. It is the habit of agreeing in God's judgment, hating what He hates, loving what He loves, and measuring everything in this world by the standard of His Word."
~J.C. Ryle


I am daily seeking to make Christ my treasure. I strive to be holy and live a life pleasing to Him. I find, though, that my strivings are useless in my own strength. I fail miserably and find myself so grateful that His strength is made perfect in my weakness. He is so loving and good. His Word encourages me so. I am so thankful for His compassion, love, mercy and grace. It is so needed during times of trial and despair in this life. I try to also remember:

Extraordinary afflictions are not always the punishment of extraordinary sins, but sometimes the trial of extraordinary graces. 
~ Matthew Henry

It is so easy for me to feel as though I am being punished because I know I can never quite measure up. I strongly desire to be the perfect wife, mother, and Godly woman. Oh how I fall so terribly short. I know that perfection is not what I should be striving for...rather, excellence. But even that seems to be a lofty goal.

Today, I have shed many tears...feeling sub-par and frustrated. After the tears are wiped away, though, it's time to seek the Lord through prayer and His Word...that's what my soul longs for. I need Christ. I need Him to be my everything. He *is* everything. I hope, if you struggle with the trials of life that you realize you need to make Jesus Christ your everything. He needs to be more than your Savior and King...He needs to be your Comforter, Healer, Friend, your Lord...truly, your everything.

“I don’t have a vision except for Jesus Christ. I don’t want to be anything. I don’t want to be a big shot. I don’t want to be important. I don’t want to conquer the world. I just want to be pleasing to God today and that is enough. That is enough. and strive as I might, I haven’t obtained that goal so why should I look for another?”
 ~ Paul Washer


A little from yesterday....

My sister and her girls came to visit. We had a nice time together. Eloise loved writing on the chalkboard...



 I just love this picture of her...


Dinah loved playing the piano with Madelyn...


I just love that smile!


Dinah wanted to help Xavier with his schoolwork!


Ruthie ~ doing what she does best (she always lays like this...I don't understand *how* that could be comfortable!)...


Xavier, working on schoolwork (doesn't he look like he is getting so tall?)...


Jaxson and Eloise played Legos. Oh my...she *loved* it! She does so well with them too! They had to play with them in the front room though so Dinah wouldn't get them (the pieces are much too small for our Dinah-girl)...


Jaxson loves reading the Lego magazine...


I am going to go immerse myself in God's Word for a bit now. I really need it. I need Him.
Thanks for stopping by. I am always so glad you did...I hope you are too!

Warmly,
Katy

5 comments:

  1. Only JESUS can turn .... a mess to a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph, a victim into a victory ... He is worthy to be PRAISED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN!!

      I'm always glad to stop by here Katy. It's almost daily. Thank you for a timely and encouraging post.

      It's amazing how fast all the children are growing (bitter, sweet)... hold on tight. (:

      Thank you again my friend; for being a vessel that willingly allows God's work. I hope you realize how much I appreciate you. ((hug))

      Mitzi

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this encouraging post, Katy! I love J.C. Ryle and Paul Washer. I'm always convicted and encouraged by their words. I feel the same way, needing grace for each and every day.

    I love your window stars! Ours faded, too, so I need to make some more.

    Many blessings to you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, very encouraging, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bible says jesus was tempted in all things as we are....so he understands our struggles. And is there to help us get the victory!!!

    Your visits with your nieces puts a smile on my face!!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy