Monday, November 25, 2013

Music is...

...the poetry of the air.
~Richter

"Family faces are magic mirrors looking at 
people who belong to us, we see the past, 
present, and future."
~Gail Lumet Buckley


During a recent visit with my sister and nieces, at my home this past week, the sound of the piano could be heard playing throughout the house! Madelyn has been taking piano lessons and is doing a wonderful job playing! When Eloise and Dinah are here, they love twinkling (pounding) the keys themselves! ;)



Look at that Dinah-girl...on her tip-toes so she can reach the piano keys...



Xavier and Dinah...


Jaxson and Eloise...


Another favorite for the children is playing Legos! They have to play in the front room, though, so that Dinah doesn't get into the little pieces. Eloise *loves* the Legos...she fits in perfectly with her cousins!




After spending a few hours visiting at my home, we had lunch and then packed up and headed into my dad's garage to see him, my mom and Chris! Eloise loves to play with toys in the waiting room at the garage...



Dinah toddled around everywhere! She loved the jingle bells that hang on the front door...


She bumped her head on the glass and immediately turned and layed her head on Jaxson's shoulder! It was incredibly sweet and I was so glad to have my camera in hand to capture this wonderful moment...



As Thanksgiving Day approaches, I just want to say how incredibly thankful I am for my children and all of my nieces and nephews. They are such treasures and I can't imagine my life without them all in it. I can't fathom how I ever lived a single day without all these wonderful children in our family! :) Do you ever think that sometimes about friends or family around you? I also have some great church family and homeschooling family friends that I can't even imagine living life without them. Such blessings God has placed around me during this season of life. My cup is over-flowing...

With a heart of gratitude,
Katy


2 comments:

  1. yes, the children, oh yes, what blessings they are
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children are the best gift we are given on earth. I know all to well the loss of one. This will be our second Thanks Giving without my son. It is so good to hear people be thankful for their children like your family. My children loved to play with legal too. Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanks Giving.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy