Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Handmade Thanksgiving Centerpieces

When I suggested doing a fun, little Thanksgiving craft, my children were all on board! They absolutely love getting to use colored paper, glue, scissors, markers, stickers and anything creative!


Tracing, cutting, gluing...



*I just noticed that everyone is dressed in black. This was *not* planned! ;)

My little turkeys showing off their little turkeys...




This was a simple fun craft that the children enjoyed doing. They will make great little centerpieces when we join my parents and other family for our Thanksgiving meal on Thursday! 


We are getting hit with a lot of snow today and tomorrow (as well as some freezing rain/sleet). I am so, so thankful to be able to stay indoors where the wood stove is keeping us warm and cozy. We did a little schoolwork today...but mostly just enjoyed a *down* day. We need those every once in a while! The children, who love the snow, had a lot of fun getting to play outside!


I hope, wherever you are, that you are staying safe and warm. I am constantly praying for those who have to be out on the roads when they are dangerous for traveling. Tomorrow, Xavier has an orthodontist appointment in the afternoon in the next town over. I am hoping the roads will be all clear by then so we don't have to reschedule.



"The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."
Psalm 28:2

Wishing each of you a blessed Thanksgiving with your loved ones. Despite difficult life struggles, pains, trials and temptations, there are just so many things to be thankful for (start counting...they will be too numerous to count!). May we remember this today...and *every* day!

"So while it's true that Thanksgiving only comes but once a year, we should actually celebrate thanks each and every day. It's just a matter of learning to live with a spirit of gratitude."
- Unknown

With a heart full of love and gratefulness,
Katy

6 comments:

  1. I used to do crafts with my kids when they were younger, really miss those days! Fun to see you enjoying some quality time with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute turkeys!
    Beautiful children!
    I love the quote, how very true!
    Happy Thanksgiving, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kati,
    The black clothing makes the colored paper more vibrant. The turkeys are terrific!
    We had our 1st "staying" snow last week and aren't expecting any through the weekend, BUT our nighttime temperatures are forecasted to the single digits - it's already feeling like winter up here.
    I pray you and your lovely family enjoy a blessed Thanksgiving surrounded by the love of your extended family and most of all enveloped in the love of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute craft project for the kids! We're a bit south from you, but we ended up not getting the snow through the night like we were supposed to. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. The snow is so much prettier than the brown and gray we've been having. :) have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sticking snow here, but I am watching some flurries as I type this. I love the first few snowfalls. We made those turkeys last year. Adorable!

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katy,

    Just another short comment ... Thanks for the turkey craft idea, my kiddos made 3 this morning for our Thanksgiving table centerpiece. You can see a photo over at my blog if you'd like. Again, thanks for sharing the craft.
    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy