Monday, November 11, 2013

.::Home::.

"A man's home is his wife's castle."
~Alexander Chase

The Living Room...


"Be grateful for the home you have, 
knowing that at this moment, 
all you have is all you need."
~ Sarah Ban Breathnach


In the Bathroom...





 The Kitchen...



"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, 
or believe to be beautiful."
~William Morris



And from the kitchen into the dining room...



"Home is a place not only of strong affections, but of entire unreserved; it is life's undress rehearsal, its backroom, its dressing room, from which we go forth to more careful and guarded intercourse, leaving behind us much debris of cast-off and everyday clothing."
~Harriet Beecher Stowe



Our calendar...


Looking *in*...


The Laundry Room...


 "Home -- that blessed word, which opens to the human heart the most perfect glimpse of Heaven, and helps to carry it thither, as on an angel's wings."
~Lydia M. Child



16 comments:

  1. seriously. you need to come over and help me get my house clutter free! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy, your home looks very cosy, are you lighting the outdoor log burner? I lit our woodburner early this afternoon, it felt chilly in our corner of the world. Best wishes jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a lovely post.
    most times I turn off the music, but not today.
    today we are enjoying the music, my husband and me
    while I enjoy the beautiful photos.
    so thankful you have a wonderful home for your family.
    so thankful we have one for us too!
    blessing to your family, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts, beautiful home, and so clean and tidy! Good inspiration for this less than organized mother.
    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks so loved and cozy! Love looking at your pictures!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a well loved home. Your love of your home shines through every quote and every photo.

    Thank you for sharing these with us.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lovely home Katy...thanks for sharing it with us.....blessings abound.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm......so cozy!! (:
    Are you guys getting snow tonight Katy? Looks like we may get some tomorrow with some pretty chilly temperatures here in Kentucky. Stay warm!

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mitzi! I woke early this morning to a few inches of that white stuff covering the ground! I hope it leaves soon...I don't think I am ready for snow yet! ;)

      Delete
  9. Lovely pictures... I can feel the love you have for home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is beautiful and filled with love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lady! Just an FYI that I added you to the PA bloggers map! http://mailboxjourney.com/pennsylvania-bloggers/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home is beautiful! I enjoyed looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home looks like a wonderful haven for your family! Thanks so much for sharing your home with us and for the lovely reminders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first time I've visited your blog and I'm enjoying it so much. I love your book list. I could have written it for myself and have many, many of those books on my own shelves. :-) I will definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely home. I would love for mine to be that cozy. You have inspired me to do a bit of nesting. Thank you, so much, for sharing your home.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy