Monday, November 18, 2013

The Wheel in Constant Motion

Time is precious, but there are occasions when the best use we can make of it, is to 
let it run on. If time flies, that is no reason why I am always to fly. 
For God is in no hurry. His purposes can be accomplished without haste, and though 
he would have us redeem the time because our days are evil, yet in his eternity he 
can afford to wait, and by his wisdom he so orders his delays, that they prove to be 
far better than our hurries.
~Charles Spurgeon

I am here, I am here! I know, it's been a week since I last posted and sometimes, I just barely make it to post once a week! Between schooling, housework, church, family, our homeschool co-op responsibilities...it's been busy. And when there *is* down time, I have not the words to put together to pen a post. (Time truly is that wheel in constant motion, is it not?)

My thoughts as of late have been spent wondering how we have come so far away from civil talk, "big" words, classy dress and elegance? One of my favorite movies is Pride and Prejudice. Madelyn and I have watched it *again* recently and sometimes I just wonder how we, as a nation, have seemingly become so "dumbed down". I feel that although many have knowledge, we tend to use slang, disrespectful, unsophisticated words and sarcasm when we speak. Why is that? Handwriting used to be practiced and done well...now all too often, people scribble without a care in the world. What happened to people *attempting* to be lovely? (Not sexy....but simply lovely).

Of course, sin abounds in every generation....and just because one uses eloquent speech and wears lovely clothes does not make them any more holy in front of a most-holy God....(only Jesus can cleanse the sinner within)...however, I truly feel like something has been lost. Do you feel that way too? And as much as it saddens me, I must admit that I don't think it can ever be found again. So, for now, I will embrace my femininity as much as I can and seek to find lovely ways of expressing myself. ;) 

My children have been keeping busy with schoolwork, banjo practice, piano practice, game-playing and such...



Brethren, if you wish to give your children a blessing when you die, be a blessing to 

them while you live. If you would make your last words worth the hearing, let your 

whole life be worth the seeing.
~Charles Spurgeon



I am sure we cannot expect our children to grow up a 
godly seed if there is no family prayer.

~Charles Spurgeon




We had our homeschool co-op class day today! It is always such a joy to get together with other Christian families. It is a *super* busy day though as well and once home, we all sit and catch our breath. Here are my three just as we prepared to leave for home...


And, before I go (as I know there is so much more I could write about, but just haven't the time...I need to tidy the house and start supper before Chris gets home!)...I just wanted to share this cute little nugget. My children have this lego man who is the *daddy lego*. It looks just like my husband, red hair and all! ;) (I'm sorry the photo is so blurry. I am not always good at taking close-up pictures)...


And now I must close. Much to do and a limited time to do it in since we have been away much of the day! Thanks so, so much for coming by! I hope your Monday has been Christ-centered and truly lovely! 

Warmly,
Katy

8 comments:

  1. I would love to learn how to play banjo, Katy! How neat that your children are learning to play! If you don't mind me asking, who is their teacher?

    God Bless,
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been too long, however I do look in at times! Thanks for this post I heartily agree with what you've said about people in this world today. Good children comes from good God-fearing homes who become grownups in this world. If they don't get taught at home then we are left with what we have to face in the world today! How very sad it has come to this ...like it or not! Thanks again Katy for your timely words. The children are all growing up so fast...they are beautiful children!! Take good care...
    Blessings to you all,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooo agree with you on the loss of loveliness and femininity. We watched Pride and Prejudice (the newer short version) and I had the same thoughts as I watching it. Thank you for sharing the Spurgeon quotes, so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo agree with you on the loss of loveliness and femininity. We watched Pride and Prejudice (the newer short version) and I had the same thoughts as I watching it. Thank you for sharing the Spurgeon quotes....so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post.
    I think just plain common courtesy is one of the things I see little of today.
    I miss seeing the fellows open doors for ladies, or stand back and wait for the ladies to walk through first. More often than not, I am the one saying thank you to a cashier. I'm old enough to remember when it was always the the opposite. I miss please, thank you, and yes sir or ma'am. I still try to pass on as I can, but so often, there is no response esp. from younger people. We always told our son to be polite, and i'm thankful to hear him when he is, and see him remove his cap, when we pray like his daddy always told him to.
    hoping for better days... I'm always expecting our God to surprise me and when I see common courtesy, He has!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't commented on your blog before, but I enjoy your posts so much. They are such an encouragement. I noticed a school planner a few posts back, and I'm wondering where it might be purchased. Blessings, Missy

    ReplyDelete
  7. From politicks to weather and everything in between .. signs are indicating our Lords return isn't to far off. And when you see these things come to pass, look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption draws nigh. Even so, come Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear Katy, Some season's in our lives are so busy. We have seen this nation grow cold and rude in many ways, But in contrast, I have sensed an awaking in many who also desire to be loving and kind, as they have decided to be a part of those who act and talk pleasing to the Lord.
    I think we must realize that this very concern you have stated is why we homeschool our children. Maybe we can't stop the tide, but we sure can stand against the wind blowing!
    Blessings to you and Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy