Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Organizing The Playroom

If you read my first post of 2010...you will know I am organizing my life...one area at a time. :) I try to stay pretty organized in general...but I definitely always have something to improve!

Last night, I felt frustrated because I noticed the playroom was out of sorts. I have helped the kids clean many times and I have even organized it before....but unfortunately, my kids don't always have the same *organizing anxiety* as I do...and it gets all befuddled.

I didn't take any before pics...I hadn't planned on even posting this. I was just focused on getting in there and getting it organized. We worked on it this morning. The kids helped...Madelyn especially. When she is in a *cleaning mood* ~ she is a fantastic helper! :)

It took a couple hours...but we got it done! :) We are going to start our schooling here in a bit. We all needed a bit of a break from the cleaning/organizing!

As you can see in the picture below...we have a cover over the windows in the room. I actually have cute valances in there..although you can't see them. The reason I put up the cover is because those are old windows that we haven't replaced with new ones yet and the cold air can blow in through there. The cover helps block some of that super cold air that we have up here in PA this winter!

Each toy has a spot! I am going to keep on the kids about keeping things picked up and put away in the right box. *We'll see how long it lasts!* I hope they start getting that Organizing Bug that I seem to have! ;)

We have a small shelf that holds some books. A lot of our books are kept on shelves down in the schoolroom....but some are in here as well.....

In tubs...we have blocks, play food, cars, and large play items.

As you can see...our tubs are pretty beat-up....but they still hold things and organize well...and to me, that is all that matters! :)

Just look at this play food the kids have....isn't that so much fun? They play kitchen with this play food and their kitchen items (pictured in the top pic).

So there you have it...an organized playroom!! :) YAY! Just walking in an organized room makes me happy! :) If you haven't already....check out my previous post. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! I enjoy reading your thoughts and comments! I read a great post on down--to--earth and really wanted to pass it on to others wives and mothers. It is really worth the time to read it! :) You can see it HERE.

If you are organizing around your home or plan to...I would love to hear all about it! As well as if you have a post on your blog of what you have done...please leave the link in the comments! I would love to visit!

Hope you are having a wonderful week!!!! :o)

13 comments:

  1. Your playroom looks great! I feel so overwhelmed with organizing right now. Knowing we'll be moving into our home we're building in about 4 months, and then the nesting instinct of also preparing for a baby this summer. My head is spinning...LOL!! But I do know to take a deep breath and count my wonderful blessings from the Lord!!
    Have a blessed 2010.
    Peace, Fine Linen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, everything in it's place:) I've been working more on "myself" lately than my house, finding new ways for my spirituality to get me through big changes in my life. I love the feel of a clean organized house, and I want to feel that way about myself too if that makes sense? Enjoy your day, I always love visiting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your playroom looks fab!!! I too am organising this year. I love your blog and have added a link to yours from mine I hope you don't mind xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. doesn't it feel good to get things accomplished and in order? Way to go, applauding for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am on an organizing, downsizing kick. No pictures posted yet. Things are a disaster right now, but I am dealing with it. I know the end result will be so worth it.

    The playroom looks fantastic. Keeping up with the toys is always a challenge around here. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I to suffer from organization anxiety... haha everything looks wonderful... I was just thinking about doing a blog on how i "try" to organize my life...but I REALLY need to organize my craft room....i just don't know what to do in there yet, I'll keep you posted ... have a great day!!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. You remind me so much of myself when I was young wife and mom. Our windows are old and drafty too so I have throws on the bad ones to keep this bitter cold out, didn't have to do this last year, a record cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling playroom!!!

    Happy New year Katy!!

    Hugs,
    Amy <><

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice and tidy room! I love seeing things all in place also.

    I've been organizing different sections of my home as well. I'll make a post about it tomorrow. :)
    http://730apron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful blog, beautiful family. I enjoyed looking at your pics. I'm a first time visitor.

    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I enjoy organization - a place for everything and everything in its place! Your playroom looks great Katy.

    Your header is beautiful and I enjoyed reading your C.S. Lewis quotes on your sidebar too.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your post the other day and was so inspired! I too like to keep organized, but over time little things that I've neglected turn into disaster zones, like my church office. So, I have decided to take 15 minutes every time I'm there and tackle a zone. Yesterday, I did my side-desk with all sorts of music and children's program supplies. It makes me feel SO good to purge and organize!! Now I know exactly what I have and what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job...now I need to organize our toys:) Been thinking about it as it's an eyesore:)

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy