Friday, January 29, 2010

Knitting Finishes!

So...in the winter, I knit. It is definitely a favorite pasttime of mine! I have done doll/baby sweaters, booties, mittens, basic dishcloths, hats and scarves. I would like to try knitting socks and also an afghan. I hope to start those soon. But for now...I decided to try to knit some fun looking dishcloths! So....I started with this barn and silo dishcloth:

If you like the barn and silo pattern...you can download the pattern for free from HERE. (scroll down to the June 2008 Free Pattern...doesn't she have some cute patterns there?)

And then....my mom found a small knitted dishcloth pattern book for me with different heart designs in it. And below is a picture of the one I made following one of those patterns! :)

Another great place to find free knitting patterns is Knitting Pattern Central. They have all kinds of fun patterns there! If you are a beginner knitter...dishcloths are a great place to start. They give you time to practice knitting and purling and are quick projects to do without getting overwhelmed! :) A basic dishcloth knitting pattern can be found HERE. And if you need *any* kind of help with your knitting....I totally suggest going to KnittingHelp.com. Fantastic place with videos to help you learn how to knit or different techniques! :) I watched those videos to teach myself how to knit a year or two ago! :)

I would love to hear the things you all may be working on! I hope you will share them with me! Hope you have a fantastic weekend! :)

21 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! those are so cute!!!! you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh! soooo cute! I wish I could knit. Your knitting is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty..Great job...
    I have done a LOVE cloth...The beauty of these cloths is you can make them into a blankie..i love it..
    Have a lovely Friday..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, where do you find the time??? I'm amazed at all you do! Plus keeping up with your blog! I love your dishcloths! They are adorable! The hearts are my fav! I've tried knitting AND crocheting but I'm not very patient. I even took a knitting class at church. I think I'd do better if I just had one person try to teach me instead of in a class! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute to actually use ;)

    I've knit dish cloths doing a regular stitch the entire time from beginning to end. LOL I've made a baby scarf. I use looms to make hats. I made a few as gifts for my little cousins under 5. And for my kids of course. That's all I know how to make. I did learn some things from the ladies at a Knit Group. I learned how to increase and decrease; 2 different ways each.

    Knitting is fun. Have you used the lil dish cloth book I gave ya?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK.. do you really use those for dish cloths? They are way to pretty for that.

    Tanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the barn and silo dishcloth! I have been crocheting some dishclothes and have made several Prayer Shawls for friends. With the wet, cold (for Texas) winter it has been fun to work on these projects. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful knitted stitches!

    I'm starting a stitchery "God Bless America" with a big blue star and button in the middle...might frame it or turn it into a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! You really have knitting mastered Katy! Great job!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Love those dish cloths.

    Have a great and blessed day

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute...great job Katie!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting me and entering my giveaway! Good Luck! I knit too but right now I have totally messed up a baby afghan and have to do some ripping out! Come visit me again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for those links! I've learned to knit at least 3 different times in my life and I can't remember a single thing of it now. again. I've been wanting to, but pictures in the books and my brain and hands weren't quite working together. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are pretty cool! =) I used to knit - but I lacked the patience to finish a project. Maybe I'll start again sometime soon...

    These are really really cute! Thanks for sharing those links - I'll go check them out! =D

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them. I can't believe you've only been knitting for 2 yrs. You do a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are too cute! I would hate to even use them they are so cute. I am left-handed and have tried to knit many times and it has always been a disaster. I'll have to check out the link that you have included.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now, those are too cute! I adore knitted dishcloths. Our former Pastor's wife used to make them and always kept me supplied with them.
    Sadly, they moved away.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You inspire me in my journey to pursue a handy craft of my own. Thanks for sharing that you taught yourself and the sites to read. It is really inspiring to see how beautiful your work turns out. There is hope for me!!! My husbands grandmother taught me how to crochet a chain stitch a few years ago, before she past way. I want to keep trying and not give up. My hubby is sweet to encourage me and we laugh at all the funny looking things I make. One of my sweet sons actually wears my crooked scarves proudly! I am hooked(lol) on learning to crochet or knit. I tried knitting a bit, a few yrs ago, and I seemed to do better with keeping things straight. It is hard for me to maintain my shape in crochet. Maybe I will return to trying knitting out again. smiles, Angelia

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy