Monday, January 25, 2010

Homemaking Fun!

I love when I get in the mood to clean, declutter and rearrange things a bit to make my home more warm and comfortable! Sometimes, ideas pop into my head of where to hang things or where to move things to make things look better. After it is done, I let out a deep breath and smile. I love how I feel afterwards. I have a great sense of accomplishment and peace!

So...I did some things in the schoolroom in an attempt to make the room more cozy and pleasing to the eye....this is the door way from the schoolroom into the dining room. I added the sign and the vine. :)

I hung some different things up in the room as well......


A cute sign from my aunt and uncle for Christmas and a picture of Madelyn around age 4 that my mom had taken....

One side of the schoolroom....notice wreath to the left that I hung up ;) ....

The other side of the schoolroom...I hung berries and such as well as a star above the chalkboard.....


A different angle of that side of the schoolroom to show the baskets I have been hanging up along the top of the room. I *love* baskets. They don't have to be expensive or "perfect"....just able to be used. I have different sizes for different things and when I need one, I just grab one (after getting up on a chair to reach, of course..hehe)....

And then....I just couldn't help myself (I know you *know* what I mean....you just get that bug in ya to keep going!)...I moved on to the dining room. All I really did was kinda move things in the corners.....




Nothing *overly* exciting probably to anyone else...but to me, it keeps it fresh and new and enjoyable to look at!

I was busy shopping with a friend and her daughter today....getting things for the daughter's sweet 16 party! She is having a *candy* theme! Isn't that a neat idea? They asked me to help them make decorations and share ideas and I agreed! :) I have been working on making giant lollipops and candy pieces! I will have to take pictures to share and show! I think they are turning out really cute! My inspiration is Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory! :)

Annnd....one more thing before I scoot off this computer and work on my knitting....I found a new book called "Cleaning Plain and Simple" by Donna Smallin. Oh my goodness...I love it! It is perfect for helping to know how to launder some things and make homemade cleaning products and how to get things to sparkle! The subtitle under the title on the book says: "A ready reference guide with hundreds of sparkling solutions to your everyday cleaning challenges." :) I have a link to the book on my right sidebar under the Books I Recommend *in case you want to check it out*!

Anyhoo....I better go. I want to get some knitting done before I head to bed! :) I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week!!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. You certainly have a knack for interior decorating! =D Thanks for sharing the pictures - your home looks really homey (The picture of your daughter as a child is sooo cute!).

    Your husband and children are most certainly blessed!

    I hope you have an awesome time knitting and doing fun things this week with your family. God bless you and may He continue to smile on you all - granting you peace and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and very homey! I wish you didnt live so far away, I have a cute sign that would look great in your school room !
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katy, I like how you cozied up the school room amd made it to look homey and not sterile. I can't wait to see pics of the candy party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what your talking about and you remind me so much of me! lol Everything looks so cozy and your home always shows how much you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute decorating! Your cottage sure does look cozy! Cute picture of Maddy.

    Candy theme parties are cute!! My friend had a candy theme baby shower. I made her a diaper cake and added lined up Almond Joys to the bottom of the plate. She also had big glass vases full of candy that the guests could fill up a cellophane bag and take home as party favor. I'll email you some cute ideas.

    TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a funny post to me. I so miss cleaning y own home and tweaking. I agree it just leaves you with a wonderful feeling.

    I love your classroom looks like a real school.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think everything looks awesome. Your schoolroom is definitely inviting to me!
    ★Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely room! I'd sure like to sit there and do some learning! Your home is lovely. I particularly love your wide plank table! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dining table!!! So beautiful! Did you buy it that way or was it one of those previously "loved" items that I love to find?!?! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW, I linked to your blog from mine today. I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy your home is just lovely and so pleasing to the eye.

    Blessings Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    I know exactly what you mean about rearranging things! I do that from time to time too and I always feel refreshed and positive afterwards! Your home looks really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katy~ I am recovering from back surgery and I CAN'T WAIT to do all those things again:) I love to rearrange stuff and clean when I'm in the mood;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katy, I am stitchesbyjulie in the OWOH bloggers giveaway. Thank you for visiting my site and leaving the wonderful comments. YOur house looks just beautiful, warm, cozy and inviting and full of love. So if that's what you were aiming for....mission accomplished! :)) You home school? That is just wonderful and what a great classroom. God Bless you and your family...it looks to me like you are on the right path.....the one that leads to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Katy! So nice to meet you! Thank you for visiting my blog..you are entered in my giveaway!
    You have a lovely home..very country/cozy!!
    Blessings!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post this is... How beautiful your home is

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway. GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katy,

    You have a fabulous home, thanks for sharing your photos, I also adore your header collage. Your school children look so happy and Iknow are laening alot! Thanks for entering my blog, I am #708 at OWOH! Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fluffing is fun, isn't it?? Especially when you are just using things you already have.
    Love the changes!!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home looks so inviting, warm & cozy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such a cozy looking home! It feels like home each time I see the photos.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy