Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Strange how a teapot......

...can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.
~ Author Unknown


Last week, my mom made a reservation at the Strawberry Tree for her, me, my sister, my grandma and Madelyn to go and have *tea* there....today at 2 o'clock! :) It was the first time I had ever been there. It was an absolutely lovely place! The smells, the music, the atmosphere, the people....all were just wonderful!

A picture of the room we had *tea* in....


I am not a tea drinker....noone else in our lil group is either! ;) But...my mom did order a lil thing of cinnamon spice tea for us to try. I took a sip...but still wasn't to my liking. I have such bland taste buds I think! It's frustrating because there are quite a number of foods and drinks that I just can't enjoy. :(


So we had hot cocoa, cappuccino and lemonade instead. It was all served in such beautiful tea cups! I loved it! :)


We bought a sampler for us all to share with different things on it...among us we also got a cinnamon roll, a scone, a biscotti, and my sister and I each got a slice of pecan pie! :) It was delicious!



Mommy and Miss Madelyn ;) *We each wore skirts and tights to the tea. It was great. I felt so feminine and on the drive home...I told everyone how glad I was to be a *girl* because I love to be/feel *girly*!!! ;)


And....there were even chargers at each place. If anyone is not familiar with what that is...it's a thing to set your plate on....I think just to be pretty! :) HERE is a place that explains it in a little more detail if you are interested! :) ......



A picture of my sister, Madelyn, my grandma and me.....(My mom was there too...but was the one taking the picture)......

A picture of the sampler we got to share.....


I thought this placecard holder chair was just tooooo cute! It had our reservation on it to hold our table.....

If you checked the link out that I put with the Strawberry Tree previously in the post...you saw that it is a store as well. Oh...they have such cute, cute stuff there!! :)

My mom generously bought me these pillows *which were on the sale/clearance shelf...my ~favorite~ shelf...hehe*......

Although the picture is poor quality (I took it without the flash...the flash made everything look too stark....but I guess without the flash makes it look blurry. Oops!)....I got the sconce in the middle of my table there. I got it also on the clearance shelf! It says *Bittersweet* on it and it is C-U-T-E! I also bought the candles on the table there. (The other two candle holders I already owned.)......

I also got these super cute blocks there...inexpensively!!! Yay! *I have not found a home for them yet!*......


It was such a wonderful time and I am so glad we went! It was my mom's idea and I am so glad we girls could go and spend the time together!!! It's a good thing I don't live near the Strawberry Tree...otherwise I would be there an awful lot!!! It is just an absolutely pleasant place to be! The people were so kind there as well. I look forward to going back sometime! :)

It's deer season here in PA...which means Chris and his dad and many others are busy processing deer after they get done with their day jobs! It's a very busy time for them! The kids and I are busy as well....preparing for Jaxson's 4th birthday in a couple days and we are going Christmas carrolling tomorrow evening with other children from our church. We are also staying busy with our schoolwork and housework! :) We find time to pause and rest though too. So that is good. :)

We also found out this week...that a man that I graduated with died due to a tragic accident (details aren't completely known). He was only 29 years old. It is so so sad. He had children as well. :( With a graduating class of only around 120 kids....tragedies like this can really hit hard when we all grew up together. We are keeping his family in prayer.

****This morning...I got up a lil after 5...checked the computer and then went down to read my Bible and have my quiet time with God. Then I ate some breakfast and watched some Fox and Friends. After packing Chris's lunch and making his coffee...I woke him to get him going for the day and then jumped in the shower. By the time I was done...had to feed my kidlets and then go out and feed the chickens and then kiss my honey and send him off to work. <3

After the kids finished their breakfasts....we sat in the living room and spent time reading books together! It was so nice! I truly treasured that time...and plan on doing it daily...as a thing to do first thing in the morning...so they have my attention completely and so they don't feel they are missing out on time with mama.

Often times, I have wonderful intentions of sitting down later in the afternoon to read with them (and some days we *do*) but many times I am so pooped after our days of schooling and housework that I say that I will "read later". And when I truly think about it...it seems as though I am pushing them away. :( I don't want to do that. So...I decided that rearranging the schedule a bit may be better. I am a morning person and have most of my energy then. So I can read using different voices and with lots of character and pep. I had the kids giggling today ~ I love that! Anyhoo....just an idea for any of you who may find yourselves in the same situation as me....just in case you want to give it a try! ;) If you do....let me know how it works out for you! :)

Thanks for dropping by! I appreciate that you take time out to come by, visit, read, and share your thoughts with *me*! Oh...and before I go...I just wanted to share with you, in case you hadn't seen, that my sister is making the *cutest* totes!!! HERE is the link to her post about them on her blog....and HERE is her etsy site in case you are interested in one!!! They would also make a great Christmas gift! ;)

OK....I'm going now. For real. My bed is calling my name! I can't wait to snuggle into our flannel sheets and open a good book before drifting off to sleep!!! Happy December!!! :)

14 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts Katy. I feel like I'm right there with you and experiencing things :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful treat that you & your family got from your mom. Sorry about your friend who died. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy, how nice to have tea with all the girls in your family! We used to do that every now and then too. And have even hosted tea at our homes. In fact, when we were growing up, we ahd tea every afternoon at 4:00pm. My mama was raised that way, because her Mama was half Irish and that was how she was raised. But with a houseful of kids, and nobody wanting to eat dinner, we stopped doing it. We never could get into the habit of eating our dinner so late. But once we were all grown up, for special occassions, all of us girls would get together and go out for tea or one of us would host it at our house. It was lots of fun and a time to bring out the fancy dishes. Those are special memories. Mama is in Heaven now and both sisters live out of state, so we haven't done anything like this in awhile.
    I do, however, have lots of tea parties with my grandduaghter. LOL!
    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gals all look so lovely at the strawberry tree, sounds like a nice place and those treats you got look wonderful too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful time to spend with your mom and family. I am so sorry about your friend. I loved all the beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing such a special time with us. Be sure to check out my giveaway that is going on this week.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the tea fun makes me want to bake pretty things like you had on your special table! The Strawberry Tree DOES sound fantastic!
    The days of reading books to the children are precious, precious days. Words are miraculous and powerful - and ETERNAL!
    How wonderful that you start your day with THE WORD and share words with your little ones, too.
    Happy! Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your friend HUGS, those treats look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice thing to enjoy with all the ladies in your family!

    I'm a morning person too and I'm exhausted by 3:00 in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely place. And cute new things you have!
    I also say "I'll ___ later." I H-A-T-E saying that! But at times I really have to because of school due dates. Dinner and after dinner before bed time is truly time for family in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tea time sounds wonderful! How fun to do something like that with your girly family, tehe. Reading with my girls is some of the best time we spend together. I just need to do it more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girls tea sounds like such fun! I really need to do that with my daughter~she would love it.
    I so get what you're saying about sitting down and reading or just spending some quality time with you kids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a LOVELY place!!! Glad you had a good time w/ your 'girlfriends'. Your lil girl is soo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds so wonderful and looks so delich, all the items on the tray..
    what a lovely time you all had..

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy