Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Jesus loves the little children.....

...all the children of the woooorld!"


The other evening, after supper was cleaned up and kids were in their pajamas....they brought our their guitar to play us some *tunes*! :) They sang to us and it was a really enjoyable time! I am so thankful for the warmth of our cozy home as the inches of snow lay just outside...I praise God for his provisions for us! <3


Although you can't tell in this picture....Madelyn is clapping along as Xavier *plays* and sings....

And although my daughter is wearing a hat indoors....it really isn't *that* cold in our house! ;)



Earlier that evening, as I was making supper....Jaxson runs in with a stool and starts peeling potatoes.

He did a good job!

And my Christopher...relaxing after a long day at work...listening to our children sing and looking through a flyer! (He is one of the least materialistic people I know...but he really *enjoys* looking at sales flyers! ha!)

Yesterday...my mom, kids and I picked up my sister (who lives about an hour away from us) and all drove a couple hours to meet with some of my mom's side of the family for lunch. We went to the Country Cupboard. We ate...visited and also did some shopping in their shops!

I was quite excited to find the book, The Duggars: 20 and Counting, there and bought it! I am already 80 or so pages into it and am really enjoying it! (I know it is the Christmas season...and I shouldn't have bought for myself...so it's a bit embarrassing to share that with you all!)

I found an "Outdoorsmen Devotional" for Chris. I couldn't wait till Christmas so I gave it to him last night! ;) He seems to really enjoy it...but we'll see as he does more of the devotions in it daily!

Also....Just wanted to share that I am going to begin trying to knit my first-ever pair of socks!!! I'm nervous and excited!!! I figured if I can knit a baby sweater...then surely I can do socks...right? It's just that there are 5 needles for knitting socks...so it *seems* as though it will be quite frustrating....but I am going to give it a whirl and see!!! I will be sure to keep you updated! :)

I may not have time to post between now and Christmas. So I just want to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas!!! I hope you have a wonderful time with friends and family ~ celebrating our Savior's birth!!! Warm and joyous wishes are sent from my home to yours!!!

18 comments:

  1. Look like nice evening at your house. Everyone is happy & cozy. ~ Dawn ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun evening...the kiddos are so cute.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you may have some future musicians in the family, and maybe a chef:) Wishing you and your a family a Merry Christmas full of love, peace and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a faithful reader of your blog and appreciate you taking the time to post. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family! Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a very Merry Christmsa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. I remember putting plays and shows on for my parents. hahaha Cute.

    And so what if you bought yourself something during Christmas. :) I bought myself a 13 dollar Mary Kay lipstick. NOT something I would normally do.

    Even though I've known you only by computer I feel like I know you as good as my friends I have in person. Thanks for being so open, honest and caring. You are such and inspiration in so many ways. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wishing you and your wonderful family the merriest of christmas... you have a beautiful family!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, I'm sure the kids put on quite a show! What fun family memories!
    I think you deserve to have that book. Don't be so hard on yourself. If Chris ahd been with you, I bet he would have gotten it for you anyway.
    Good luck with the socks. I'm sure you will do great.
    Have a very Merry & Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy~ another wonderful post from you. Sounds like you had fund with your mom and sister. I too have the Duggar book, got it last year from my husband for christmas. It is such a good book. I loved the part were Jim Bob talks about doing somehting nice for someone who does somehting not nice to us.
    HOpe you all have a very MErry CHRISTmas...
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Katy

    God Bless you and your family.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy,
    May you and your family have a very cozy Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy, if I can knit socks, you can! I use 4 needles to do mine and start at the top and go to the toe. Once you get the hang of it, it is really easy. I am told that my great grandmother use to knit socks as she traveled on the back of a wagon as they went to town. I could never do that..I have to watch and count! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful family. The Duggers are some of my favorite people. My heart goes out to them now as they pray over their last baby. I pray that everything comes out good for this beautiful, loving family. I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year.
    Love you!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. your home looks so cozy with your children playing..
    i wish i could knit a hat, thats my goal to try to knit one..
    Have a wonderful Christmas..
    i know you will do the socks, you are a great knitter..
    take care my friend..
    your friend in jesus..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to see your kids entertaining you. Our grandkids put on plays and puppet shows. It is wonderful to encourage their creativity. I bet you are really glad deer season is dwindling down. I think you are so lucky to have a family business and you have access to so much venison.We haven't had venison for several years but my husband is not a hunter--except for bargains! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you and your family have a Very Merry & Relaxing Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi sweet Katy! Have a wonderful, joyful day, dearest! Your kids have happy hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katy,
    I have missed visiting your blog since I was on my blogging break, Im going to have to go back through and catch up!
    I hope your Christmas was wonderful- Im sure it was!
    Happy Holidays!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness!! I love that your son is peeling potatoes for you! HOW SWEET!! We eat mashed potatoes with every single meal at my house (except pizza...but trust me, it's crossed my mind -haha), so I peel potatoes in my SLEEP!!!!!! Seeing you son on the stool peeling potatoes...it makes me think that one day I'll see mine like that...I know that's simple, but it's so sweet, Katy! :o) And I'm so glad I'm not the only mother with a son in tights...hahahahaha! excuse me, under armor.... ;o) Enjoy your New Year, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy