Friday, December 4, 2009

My Little Monkey's Special Day!

If you happened to read my post yesterday you would probably remember that yesterday was Jaxson's 4th birthday! :) Above is the monkey cake I made for him. Not the best cake I have ever made...but Jaxson liked it and that is what is important! :)

Birthday hugs for Jaxson from his sister and brother! :)

We had his birthday party at my inlaws' meat market. It is deer season and many of the men of our family are busy processing deer at the meat market. It is a busy, busy time of the year! So that the guys could still be part of the party...we had it down at the meat market and Jaxson was quite happy with that! :)


My mom made broccoli cheese soup and brought rolls for us all to eat for supper. My father in law also made some venison for everyone to enjoy. So everyone ate and visited....and then it was time for *cake*! :)
We sang (which my sister, unbeknownst to me, was videoing....and I was right beside her! Ack! I can not carry a tune...how embarrassing!)...and then Jaxson blew out his candles! :)


Then it was Jaxson's favorite time....gifts! :)

Notice his true excitement at the Mr. Potato Head Tshirt that his Aunt and Uncle got him.....

hehehehehehe.....isn't his face just toooo funny in that photo above??? It cracks me up!!!

He got lots of other fun things as well....but one thing was this suet feeder that my parents got him...isn't that a great idea? Then we can hang it outside and watch the birds! :)

I think my baby had a wonderful 4th birthday....it was such a nice time and we are just so so thankful for his life.

My baby went from this......*I am trying not to cry*......


To this............in 4 very short years! I have enjoyed his life and look forward to watching him grow and change more over the years all while trying to love each moment as it happens...good & bad! :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit with me! I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead!!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Katy,
    Jaxson is adorable. It looks like he had a great birthday. They do grow up fast. I called our granddaughter in OK this morning to wish her a happy 12th birthday. Next year a teenager! Wow! I can hardly believe it.
    Thanks for all your kind posts!
    Love ya!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the cake!!
    thanks for sharing the birthday party with us.. any cake left? yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday to handsome Jaxson, looks like lots of fun gifts and I love the monkey cake:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is bittersweet how fast they grow. Looks like a fun party. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the cake is wonderful!!! Happy birthday to Jaxson!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an awesome job on the cake. The reaction to the shirt..priceless. hehehehe
    What a cutie pie. I've always loved how you spelled his name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special day! That cake is wonderful - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Jaxson had a great Birthday!! He is a cuty. The cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. he is such a cutie pie..
    glad he had a great birthday..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful cake you made for him and such a thoughtfully placed party! Kids do see us through such eyes of love, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy