Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Wisdom From Elisabeth Elliot


Sometimes the sweet words of a wise, Godly woman can just speak *volumes*! I really enjoy and glean much from books by Elisabeth Elliot! I thought I would share a few quotes from her here. May you find encouragement in them as I did! 

“The world looks for happiness through self-assertion. The Christian knows that joy is found in self-abandonment. 'If a man will let himself be lost for My sake,' Jesus said, 'he will find his true self.' A Christian woman's true freedom lies on the other side of a very small gate---humble obedience---but that gate leads out into a largeness of life undreamed of by the liberators of the world, to a place where the God-given differentiation between the sexes is not obfuscated but celebrated, where our inequalities are seen as essential to the image of God, for it is in male and female, in male as male and female as female, not as two identical and interchangeable halves, that the image is manifested.” 


“Where does your security lie? Is God your refuge, your hiding place, your stronghold, your shepherd, your counselor, your friend, your redeemer, your saviour, your guide? If He is, you don't need to search any further for security.” 

“The way you keep your house, the way you organize your time, the care you take in your personal appearance, the things you spend your money on, all speak loudly about what you believe. The beauty of thy peace shines forth in an ordered life. A disordered life speaks loudly of disorder in the soul.” 


I hope you are having a lovely week so far! :) We've been busy ~ but it's a *good* busy! I've been deep cleaning the house as well as trying to tackle some projects that need done around here! :) 
Tomorrow is my mom's birthday and my sister and her children are coming to visit then later that evening Madelyn and I are going to watch some children of friends of ours! 

Thanks so much for dropping by! :) 
Until next time, Lord willing...
Katy 

8 comments:

  1. Are these from The Glad Surrender? I was literally writing a book study on it this morning for the mother's group at church. I reread it this year and it was just one of those times that God just laid down His thoughts on my heart and I knew I needed to obey. I've read the book before and didn't have that experience (though loved it all the same). It's funny how books can be like that for different seasons of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! :) I am not sure actually which books the quotes come from exactly. I didn't get them from the books I have red directly. Biblical books written by Godly women are such a blessing! :)

      Delete
  2. I just love her wise words! Thanks for sharing. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thank you for visiting! :)

      Delete
  3. AGAIN...sub·mis·sive means ready to conform to the authority or will of others; meekly obedient or passive. https://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/d/doesn_t_listen.asp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous... what does that have to do with this post??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last paragraph... I need to work on myself, or rather, allow God to work on me in those areas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love learning from Elisabeth Elliot's wisdom! I found a way to listen to her radio show online and have been gleaning much over the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy