Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Three Little Posies & A Bumblebee *& More*



Good morning! Yesterday was a *busy* day for us and today I am thankful for the bit of snow we are getting as it forces one to slow down and focus in-doors instead! :) The house is quiet right now as the children are working on their schooling. Laundry is washing away in the machine and we'll be getting ready for lunch pretty soon!

Most of you probably already know that my family doesn't *do* halloween...however, we don't begrudge those who do. (We actually celebrate Reformation Day!) My sister loves to make costumes for her children every year. You may remember previous posts like THIS one (mermaids and a gumball machine) or THIS one from my sister's blog when she made them Care Bear costumes! They are my favorite!!!

When my sister comes to town my children and I help them go different places to show the girls (and now Dusty) to family members! It's busy and exhausting ~ but fun! :) The girls have fun and we all love having them come to town! So this is what we did yesterday. They came back to our house for lunch and for some visiting with an aunt who came by for a few hours. They left mid-afternoon and then I had to get the boys to their music lessons (we were almost late because right before we left I smashed a few of the fingers on my left hand! It was horrible pain!! They are sore and swollen and bruised today!)


Chris with our newest nephew, Dusten (my dad's namesake!)...


After music lessons, I brought the children back home to finish their schooling while I ran to the next town over for groceries. Then it was home to make supper (chipped steak sandwiches and baked fries). It was nice once Chris got home from work (he had to work a bit late) as we were all able to relax together for a couple hours in the evening!

Here's some photos of what's been going on lately...


Jaxson, above (drawing ~ as usual!) and Xavier below (my boys are a-growin'!)...


What I've been reading while the boys are at music lessons (or if there is time in the day). I'm really enjoying it...



While my sister was sewing the kids' halloween costumes this year, I spent some time there holding little Dusty! Complete sweetness!!!



 Views Jaxson and I had on our latest walk together...




And finally, a sweet photo of our friends' baby. They went out for their anniversary so Madelyn and I went over to watch their children. Snuggling babies does a heart good!


 The days have been busy...but good. We praise and thank God for each day He gives...all the while praying for people around us as well as the tragedies.

And before I go...I just have to say how surprised I am at some of the comments on that one previous post....all over a couple simple factual statements! I recently got *another* comment making it sound as though I said a feminist is a person who wears pants and works! What!? I just shake my head as I am astounded to what people assume! I wear pants (as well as skirts sometimes too!). I never ever mentioned anything about a feminist wearing pants or working. Nor did I write about abuse or anything else. Also...I am accused of being a legalist! I wish everyone would read what is actually written and not what is assumed (I know many of you do...I am just saying those who *don't*). Goodness! I had my husband read my posts and the comments and he stands by what I have written (and trust me, he would tell me if he didn't). Thank you to those who read it all in entirety and understanding. I truly appreciate it. :o)

It's nearing lunchtime so I need to get going! Thank you for visiting today. I hope your Wednesday is joy-filled and Christ-centered!

Warmly,
Katy

31 comments:

  1. I haven't read the post you are mentioning. But I am sure it was just fine and biblical as you always are. I am being busy ro but it is a good busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrissy! Enjoy your weekend! :)

      Delete
    2. I just realized I did read that post and I even commented. Haha! Goes to show I didn't think anything of it and thought it was just right. I guess we are just like minded! *Smiles* I understand what is going on now as I went back through to see what has been said. Keep posting!!!!

      Delete
  2. Katy, I appreciate what you write. It's always encouraging and Biblical. I used to slam my fingers in the back door of our old house in CA before we finally remodelec and got a new back door.
    I hope your fingers heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Regina! My fingers are doing much better now! :)

      Delete
  3. Praying that your fingers heal soon as I know just how painful that is. Also, thanks for sharing those costumes= how cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are doing much better! Thanks so much Carol!

      Delete
  4. José van MerrebachNovember 2, 2017 at 9:12 AM

    Oooo that book: 'call the midwife'.....must be wonderful!! I live in the Netherlands and at the moment I follow the dramaserie on Netflix. It is situated in the years that I was a little child. I lóve this serie! I hope that sometimes I can find the book in Dutch.
    I love your posts. It always gives me a warm feeling the way you and your family live your life with the Lord. Love, José from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jose! I watch it on Netflix as well! The books are really good! (at least the first one as I am halfway through it)!

      Delete
  5. Cute babies! Hope your fingers heal quickly!

    Blessings,
    Shelyb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelby! It is healing, thankfully!! :)

      Delete
  6. Dear Katy, beautiful photo's!! :) I am so thrilled you have found " call the midwife" (smile), I am waiting for the series to come on t.v, its normally just before Christmas.:)
    Its really the only time I watch t.v.
    As for the ONE post...personally I would draw a line under it, I have very strong beliefs in my role as a wife and I am a mother of three very lovely daughters, two who are wives and mothers and I have to say I am so proud to watch them grow into their roles. Life challenges us in so many ways as wives and mothers. Stay strong in what you believe is right and just for you.
    God Bless you, Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xoxo ~ Thank you Jackie! I love watching the Call the Midwife series too! :)

      Delete
  7. I have watched the show "Call the Midwife" on PBS. I didn't know there was a book. Thank you for sharing that knowledge. I am going to see if our library has it. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Yes, in fact, the show is based on the books/memoirs! :) I'm halfway through the first book and it is really good! If you enjoy the show, you will love the books!

      Delete
  8. Hello Katy, I know it's easy to say, but please keep blogging regardless.......people will always find something to fault and criticize. It is your blog. People can, and will interpret what is written, and you have no control over that. Keep your head and chin up. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Robyne :) You're right. I definitely need to grow a thicker skin. Thank you for your kindness!!

      Delete
  9. Please don't let the negative commenters discourage you from blogging. I enjoy reading your blog (been reading a long time). My son is 35 years old and I work outside of the home but my heart is always home. We all need encouragement. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Barbara! I truly appreciate the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Katy - I just wanted to say that I consider myself a feminist and wasn't offended at all at your post - we all have our own point of view based on our own experiences. You and I could not be any more different but I really enjoy reading about your family and how you do things. That's what makes the world go around ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...thank you for that comment obscure. That was incredibly kind. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  11. I started watching the "Call the Midwife" series on PBS. Unfortunately they went in a direction that was not consistent with Biblical Christian values. I can't remember which season (maybe 3?). I suspect that the books probably did not go in that direction; TV producers/creators usually want be "inclusive" to everyone, even if the content is offensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so sad that they took it that way as well. I don't think the books go that way either...I guess I'll see as I work my way through them! :)

      Delete
  12. "And before I go...I just have to say how surprised I am at some of the comments on that one previous post." It seems Katy you are enjoying all the attention; as you continue to mention it in two more posts; since the original. I agree with another comment er that it was more regarding your tone toward another. (referring to your comment regarding " Feminists" in the original post. If you choose to refer to yourself as being submissive than that is your choice. It doesn't mean that others (women) that don't mention the word submissive are not following God's plan and serving their husbands and children; while keeping their homes. It seems that you spend much time on posting; while your husband and children do all the work in the home. Being a dictator is a form of a controlling spirit. I'm sure this will get you more attention; as that seems to be what you seek.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each year I am amazed at Nen's talents in the sewing department! And, where is her baby??? They certainly are "babies" for a skinny minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We all are always amazed at what she comes up with! :) It is special to her to make the kids' costumes and I know when they are older they will treasure it! :)

      Dusty is still only a wee one (in the age dept.). He's 4 months old now. He's definitely a big boy though! We just love him!!! He loves to snuggle!!

      Delete
  14. Seems some people like to be trolls and stir the pot... all while being cloaked in "anonymity". Classy. Please don't let those with negative spirits keep you from writing. Your blog blesses many, even if people don't always share your same views. -Devon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Opinions are like belly buttons, we all have them. Don't like what Katy writes about - don't read HER blog - problem solved!

      Shelby

      Delete
  15. “On your best day you can only control you. You can’t control others, but you can control your responses to others."-Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed the "Call the Midwife" book. The series on PBS is very good too. The series has continued past where the book ended, but is still very well written.

    Here is my two cents on being a feminist. I always thought it meant (or should mean) that women were free to live their lives as they wanted without judgement, especially from other women. We are all different, thus different choices make us happy. You can be a stay at home mom, who only wears skirts, and views her husband as the head of the house hold, or you can be a corporate executive, who wears powersuits, travels for work constantly and does not ever want kids or to get married, or you can be a mom who works full-time from her home, wears jeans, home schools her kids, and is the head of the family because she is a single mom, etc. We, as women, should all be accepting and supporting of each other, no matter our choices. That is what feminism is to me. ~ Ginger

    ReplyDelete

I am always so grateful to read your comments! I thank you for the time you took to visit and share your thoughts with me. :o)
May you enter as a stranger and leave as a friend!
Warmly, Katy